Windows 10: Folder changes contents

Discus and support Folder changes contents in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was working on something and created a folder with .mp4 files inside. However, after shutting down my pc and turning it back on it, all the contents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsmeaboi, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Folder changes contents

I was working on something and created a folder with .mp4 files inside. However, after shutting down my pc and turning it back on it, all the contents in the folder disappeared and there was just one .mp4 that i knew existed on my system, but i did not put it there.

I use OBS studio if that helps.

submitted by /u/itsmeaboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsmeaboi, Apr 11, 2021
  2. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Folder changes contents

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Folder changes contents

1. Folder changes contents - Similar Threads - Folder changes contents

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. identify folders with no contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  5. Please stop changing my folders and contents

Please stop changing my folders and contents: How can I stop Windows/Microsoft from changing MY folders and their contents? I also figured out they decided to throw out loads of MY photos & they were NOT in any OLD windows folder! I also have a ton of space on my drive, so there was no reason for it. I'm getting really...
  6. Contents of mail folder.

Contents of mail folder.: The word verschickt just pooped in my mail folder, what is and how did it get their? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-of-mail-folder/95e7624a-5e0f-4521-8413-575347c05333"
  7. Folders have no content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders have no content: None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"? [Original subject: Windows Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-have-no-content/f8e1d7a3-4d85-47bd-959d-e552f86675da
  8. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. Automatically sync a folder when content change

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically sync a folder when content change: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  10. Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.: FreeFileSync is a respected and efficient freeware/donationware for carrying out backups of changed files (eg., documents, pictures etc.). My FreeFileSync profiles (which specify how changed files will be copied to the backup) now have Photoshop icons, both the enclosing...