Windows 10: Folder columns - Any way to save a new template?

Discus and support Folder columns - Any way to save a new template? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have customized my MP3 music collection's tags and Window's "Music" view to my preference. However I have some non-music MP3s that are podcasts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daddy0, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Daddy0 Win User

Folder columns - Any way to save a new template?

I have customized my MP3 music collection's tags and Window's "Music" view to my preference.

However I have some non-music MP3s that are podcasts and I'd like the column order to be different for them.

As far as I can tell, individual folders can be customized and they will stay customized, of course. But any effort of mine to create a folder style for podcasts that can be duplicated, copied and used for a different set of podcasts does not copy properly to the new folder. The best luck I had was to copy a properly setup folder containing a podcast and a desktop.ini file and paste then rename it. Funny thing is, it would display correctly the first time, then the next time it would open in the format spec'd in the desktop.ini.

Any suggestions?

TIA

:)

Daddy0, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

Folder options work off of templates for folder type (General, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos).

The easiest way to set the templates is to go to each of your User folders of that type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos) and set the folder columns and view the way you want all folders of that type to appear. Set all things the way you want (column sorted, column position, columns presented, and view - details, list, image size ...)

When you're happy with the folder presentation, press the file menu on Explorer,

Folder columns - Any way to save a new template? [​IMG]

select Change folder and search options options

Press the the view tab

Folder columns - Any way to save a new template? [​IMG]

Press the [ Apply to Folders ] button
    Repeat the process for each folder type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos)

Slartybart, Feb 17, 2019
  4. LeBo-Ra Win User

Windows 10 - Creating Customized WIndows Folder Templates

Several years ago, I created a customized template for my music folders in Windows Vista that included 10 columns
    (Title / Album Artist / Contributing Artist / Year / Album / # / Genre / Length / Bit Rate / Rating) and applied this template to all my music folders.

When I upgraded first to Windows 8.1 and then WIndows 10, these columns stayed as I wanted them to be.

However, in mid September 2016, over half of my music folders (I have over 7000 of them) reverted to a 4 column template
    (# / Title / Contributing Artist / Album).

The lead folders all show my original template, but despite selecting "the apply to all subfolders checkbox", the reverted folders still display on the 4 columns.

I have checked several videos online, but none of them tell me how to create a new folder template.

LeBo-Ra, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Folder columns - Any way to save a new template? - Similar Threads - Folder columns save

2. Is there any way to display a preview image on the new folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to display a preview image on the new folder icon?: [ATTACH] Preview image is more helpful in identifying the folders than title text for me, why did devs remove this feature and make the folder icon just dull yellow chunk? Please someone tell the devs to make folder's preview image back!...
  3. Is there any way to hide "This PC" and force a user to save to their OneDrive folders?

Is there any way to hide "This PC" and force a user to save to their OneDrive folders?: I have issues with users storing some things locally and somethings in One Drive and then not being able to maintain any consistency. Is there some way to hide "This PC" and default them to store things in their One Drive folders? submitted by /u/AstonM77 [link]...
  4. customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved: On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" default for every new folder, "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, I cannot customize my folders from...
  5. File Explorer Template Column Width

File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  6. built-in folder templates

built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  7. Any programs to see folder size in the details column?

Any programs to see folder size in the details column?: When sorting a folder by details, you can choose various columns (Size, name, date etc.) is there any 3rd party software that can allow me to see a folders size? Failing that, is there any 3rd party software that will allow me to see a folders size in windows explorer?...
  8. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...
  9. Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?: HELLO ! As you all know, there are some folders in Win10 in which MS disallows any edit (Example:: Normally, you Can't Save a file to folder "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"). I have a ZERO-byte (Empty) file that I have (for Many Hours) been trying to figure out a way (with...
  10. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...