Windows 10: Folder containing files deleted

Discus and support Folder containing files deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harry Sroya, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Folder containing files deleted

I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called $recycle.bin but I do not know how to access it.

:)

Harry Sroya, Jun 15, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder containing files deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder containing files deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 15, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Folder containing files deleted

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Folder containing files deleted :(

lyndonguitar, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Folder containing files deleted

1. Folder containing files deleted - Similar Threads - Folder containing files

2. delete all files containing Autodesk. in their name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete all files containing Autodesk. in their name: Hi,I am uninstalling a software named autocad from my PC. It is from Autodesk.inc. I struggle because there are files and little programs every where.Is it ok to type in the search bar of my computer "autodesk" and delete all the files and folders with it in the name ?I am...
  3. delete all files containing Autodesk. in their name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete all files containing Autodesk. in their name: Hi,I am uninstalling a software named autocad from my PC. It is from Autodesk.inc. I struggle because there are files and little programs every where.Is it ok to type in the search bar of my computer "autodesk" and delete all the files and folders with it in the name ?I am...
  4. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  5. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  6. Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to...: Hi, My question is regarding Microsoft OneDrive.Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to delete my all data at once.I also want to know why such a nonsense rule has been created. When the user can delete any file then what is...
  7. Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to...

Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to...: Hi, My question is regarding Microsoft OneDrive.Unable to delete folders in OneDrive, if it contains files or folders inside it. I want to delete my all data at once.I also want to know why such a nonsense rule has been created. When the user can delete any file then what is...
  8. Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information: How do I delete a folder containing a copy of a System Volume Information folder? I copied a entire volume F: to a folder F_Cakewalk_Projects on another volume H:. H: also contains the local OneDrive folder. I then tried to delete the copy. Everything was deleted except the...
  9. Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete: I deleted a folder containing over 15,000 small wave files. I canceled while my computer was moving the files to the Recycle Bin. All of the contents in the folder have disappeared. Where did these files go?...
  10. Is it safe to delete baselayer and sandbox from Containers Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to delete baselayer and sandbox from Containers Folder: First post. Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I made the mistake of following the tutorial to enable Sandbox. It failed miserably, with different errors at different times such as the common Error: 0x80072746. So I disabled Sandbox but i still have this garbage partition...