Windows 10: Folder Copy with specific requirements

Discus and support Folder Copy with specific requirements in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK. I have two folders. They basically have the same filenames but with different number of files. The first folder has the correct size files but has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stub, Apr 6, 2020.

1. stub Win User

Folder Copy with specific requirements

OK. I have two folders. They basically have the same filenames but with different number of files. The first folder has the correct size files but has more files than the second folder. The second folder has exactly the correct number of files but they are all smaller sizes. I want to copy all the files from folder1 only if the filename is in folder2. I don't want to copy files which are not in folder2. How to do this? All the directory sync programs I've tried have all been too complicated for me to understand. I need some help in how I should update folder2. Some recommendations would be helpful. I'm assuming this cannot be performed natively in Windows10.

:)

stub, Apr 6, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 6, 2020
  4. i1yas Win User

acceess denied to specific folder

ohh thanks god finaly i made it i download a free software name treesize portable version and run it as admin then i select drive and scan when list open it show me my hidden folder which i copy to another place then delete hidden folder.and save my spce thanks all to your answer

i1yas, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder Copy with specific requirements - Similar Threads - Folder Copy specific

2. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  3. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  4. copy data in a specific time daily

copy data in a specific time daily: I need a way to copy 6TB from windows server 2016 to windows server 2019 different place with keeping all the permissions, I need this process to run daily at a specific time 10 pm to 5 am, then to be paused and resumed automatically at this specific time because we don't...
  5. copy of windows required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy of windows required: I need copy of microsoft windows for my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-windows-required/e915ee52-41e0-4f46-87f9-07e0d6cfd6db
  6. Copy to Specific Folders using CMD

Copy to Specific Folders using CMD: I am trying to copy a file using robocopy and xcopy commands using a Batch script.bat. The script is run on CMD not in admin mode. I do not have admin mode privileges as the machine I am working on is organisation laptop. I am unable to copy files to the folders - Program...
  7. Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?: Hi. I have a 1Tb+1Tb Raid 0 Array (D Drive) that I use to store my Photos and Videos, Music Library, Games, Movies, TV Shows and E-Books among other stuff. I currently back up the above folders (except my games and the other stuff that I mentioned) to OneDrive manually i.e...
  8. Specific folder not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific folder not opening: This is similar to previous threads but a little different. I have a sub-folder titled "11 - 11 Trees". I can open it in Lightroom etc but it will not open in explorer. If I change the name to "11 - 11 stuff" it opens in explorer. Change it back to trees and it won't open....
  9. Sharing a specific folder on windows 10 on the network without requiring login credentials...

Sharing a specific folder on windows 10 on the network without requiring login credentials...: Hi I am trying to share a specific folder lying my desktop over the network, trying to make that specific folder accessible to anyone who wants to access it without requiring them to login using the credentials of an existing user on the host PC. However, 1. even after...
  10. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

in Windows 10 Support
    create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a: Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh. Does...