Windows 10: Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Discus and support Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ?? [img] I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Nov 14, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Hi there

Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ??

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it [​IMG]

I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench site so the ISO is genuine

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 14, 2015
  2. bthrun Win User

Windows.old folder created after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Update History says no updates have been installed yet, but if I then click "uninstall updates", the most recent installed updates in the uninstall list are "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3140743)" and "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3136561)", both on
    3/11/2016.

The size of the Windows.old folder is 19.3GB, and I can see several folders inside which appear to be what one normally sees in the System drive.

bthrun, Nov 14, 2015
  3. bthrun Win User
    Windows.old folder created after the latest update on Windows 10

I started my computer and left for a while. When I came back it was performing an update. Now I've got a Windows.old folder, as well as some other odd changes. After some research I found that the windows.old folder is an artifact of upgrading from an older
    version of windows. The problem is that this installation is about a month old clean install from a windows 10 pro USB. I haven't upgraded from a previous version. Also, my update history is empty. Thanks for any help.

Original title: Recent update problem

bthrun, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Not there for me, but I did a clean install. What's in it?

alphanumeric, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

1. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it - Similar Threads - Folder created latest

2. Screen is black in inside any folder after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen is black in inside any folder after the latest windows update: After the latest update the background inside any folder including this PC turns into black. PFA screenshot for the same. Please help me with the appropriate settings to revert back. I am using dark mode long before this and I was not facing this. Thanks, Kingshuk...
  3. What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?: The past weeks I read about audio problems after installing KB 4489899, but has it been re-released meanwhile and is it now safe to install? The version offered to me through WuMgr is: 2019-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4489899);...
  4. No sound after latest update.

No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  5. After updating to latest windos update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating to latest windos update: any way i can fix this without reinstalling windows again, this is third time i get this after update... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-latest-windos-update/f03eac40-cffa-4370-b46f-1f73dc1ede41
  6. What if I delete the folder "windows.old" after windows update?

What if I delete the folder "windows.old" after windows update?: I had only a windows folder in C drive but as i updated my previous version of Windows to 1803 now I have got two windows folder: "Windows"(carrying around 18GB space) and "Windows.old"(carrying around 8GB of space). Should i delete the folder "windows.old" as it is consuming...
  7. Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update: After the update to 14393.187 all the url files in my favorites folder have the popup "File Download - Security Warning". It only does it when I open them from my toolbar or favorites folder. If I open Edge first then access my favorites they open fine. I have a lot of url...
  8. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update: After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these...
  9. Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver: I have downloaded latest Realtek HD Audio Driver for my Intel PC ...version 6.0.1.8090...extracted cab file to created directory folder on my desktop...used device manager in control panel to install it....installation ok..no problems.... Can i now delete the created...
  10. Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates

in Windows 10 News
    Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates: Hello! I’m Dave Alles, Partner Group Program Manager for the Windows Maps team. Our team delivers the Windows Maps app and the underlying map platform available to developers on all Windows 10 devices. We continuously work to release app updates with new functionality and...