Windows 10: Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Discus and support Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ?? [img] I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Nov 14, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Hi there

Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ??

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it [​IMG]

I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench site so the ISO is genuine

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 14, 2015
  2. bthrun Win User

Windows.old folder created after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Update History says no updates have been installed yet, but if I then click "uninstall updates", the most recent installed updates in the uninstall list are "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3140743)" and "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3136561)", both on
    3/11/2016.

The size of the Windows.old folder is 19.3GB, and I can see several folders inside which appear to be what one normally sees in the System drive.

bthrun, Nov 14, 2015
  3. bthrun Win User
    Windows.old folder created after the latest update on Windows 10

I started my computer and left for a while. When I came back it was performing an update. Now I've got a Windows.old folder, as well as some other odd changes. After some research I found that the windows.old folder is an artifact of upgrading from an older
    version of windows. The problem is that this installation is about a month old clean install from a windows 10 pro USB. I haven't upgraded from a previous version. Also, my update history is empty. Thanks for any help.

Original title: Recent update problem

bthrun, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

Not there for me, but I did a clean install. What's in it?

alphanumeric, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

1. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it - Similar Threads - Folder created latest

2. After latest update, literally every single folder is read only, even system folders, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After latest update, literally every single folder is read only, even system folders, what...: So the latest update was downloaded and i used thr system like any other day, today however I'd decide to go and record something, after recording something i quickly realised i couldnt access the folder cus it was read only, I never set it to that, I checked further and then...
  3. After latest update, literally every single folder is read only, even system folders, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After latest update, literally every single folder is read only, even system folders, what...: So the latest update was downloaded and i used thr system like any other day, today however I'd decide to go and record something, after recording something i quickly realised i couldnt access the folder cus it was read only, I never set it to that, I checked further and then...
  4. New document folder created after update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New document folder created after update?: New, empty, document folder created after update for Windows 10. Had to go digging to: This PC-OSC-User-Documents, to find all my files. How do I make this original documents folder the default/main folder?...
  5. New document folder created after update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New document folder created after update?: New, empty, document folder created after update for Windows 10. Had to go digging to: This PC-OSC-User-Documents, to find all my files. How do I make this original documents folder the default/main folder?...
  6. New document folder created after update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Display driver creating problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver creating problem after the latest update: I am using Dell vostro 2520 with latest version of windows 10. as i updated the windows drivers for display it start creating blur type too small dots and lines. as now i uninstalled the update it is working fine but i am not able to play games like Pubg on my pc which needed...
  8. Downloads folder after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder after latest cumulative update: Hi, my PC just installed the cumulative update that stated I needed to update the April 2018 update or something. Anyway, my downloads folder now has these horizontal organizers that read, "A long time ago", "Earlier this year", "Last month", etc. How do I remove or turn...
  9. After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created: Printer does not get a print file and will not print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-10-update-a-print-file-is/92942c23-be48-4952-ba10-0bfa34036b95
  10. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update: After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these...