Windows 10: Folder Creation problem.

Discus and support Folder Creation problem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer create new folders on the desktop by right clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mre54#, Oct 18, 2020.

1. mre54# Win User

Folder Creation problem.

I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer

create new folders on the desktop by right clicking or in File Explorer. Nothing happens. Over the past week I have tried multiple fixes that I have found on various support forums including a fix that required editing the registry. I tried a system restore going back two weeks. No luck. Any suggestions?

:)

mre54#, Oct 18, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Folder Creation problem.

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Folder Creation problem.

1. Folder Creation problem. - Similar Threads - Folder Creation problem

2. Automatic folder creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic folder creation: Automatic folder naming "Program files" and "windows apps" have been created by the system.i can't delete or change their properties.they say no permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-creation/b3da8528-8126-49ab-a846-8fe2634d3e17
  3. Automatic folder creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic folder creation: Automatic folder naming "Program files" and "windows apps" have been created by the system.i can't delete or change their properties.they say no permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-creation/b3da8528-8126-49ab-a846-8fe2634d3e17
  4. Automatic folder creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Folders/Directory creation

Folders/Directory creation: How can I create a folder/directory like the "fonts" folder located in "c:/Windows/Fonts" and like the "contacts" folder located in "c:/Users/Username/contacts"? Any help would be thanked....
  6. File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem: Hello guys, I have a really big issue with hiccups on my Win10 (build: 10.0.19043) machine. Almost every time I create or delete a folder inside File Explorer I experience a hiccup/freeze lasting a few seconds after which I have to refresh the File Explorer window to see...
  7. New Folder Creation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Folder Creation: [ATTACH] I have this problem where when I try to create a New Folder on my Desktop it is automatically named New Folder (2), which indicates that there is already a folder somewhere on the desktop with the same name (New Folder) I have tried locating it through...
  8. Automatic folders creation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic folders creation: I have a windows 10 PC and sometimes I automatically get new folders with 2 character names created in my D drive. It doesn't happen everyday but once a week something. I do install a lot of my stuff in my D drive but it does sound like a virus. I ran antivirus scans but...
  9. Folder Creation

Folder Creation: My ability to create new folders has disappeared. This carries over to external hard drives as well. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-creation/8b2fae7a-ef80-4288-a7d2-ee6443403811"
  10. folder creation problem

folder creation problem: when I create command promot through directory of folder on desktop it's doesn't show on my desktop screen what's the problems ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-creation-problem/84a866fe-7ab3-43e1-81c5-b1a558b3e884"