Windows 10: Folder Creation

Discus and support Folder Creation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ability to create new folders has disappeared. This carries over to external hard drives as well. Does anyone have a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesBerryhill1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Folder Creation

My ability to create new folders has disappeared. This carries over to external hard drives as well. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

JamesBerryhill1, Jul 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folder Creation

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Folder Creation

1. Folder Creation - Similar Threads - Folder Creation

2. Folders/Directory creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders/Directory creation: How can I create a folder/directory like the "fonts" folder located in "c:/Windows/Fonts" and like the "contacts" folder located in "c:/Users/Username/contacts"? Any help would be thanked....
  3. File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem: Hello guys, I have a really big issue with hiccups on my Win10 (build: 10.0.19043) machine. Almost every time I create or delete a folder inside File Explorer I experience a hiccup/freeze lasting a few seconds after which I have to refresh the File Explorer window to see...
  4. Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?: Windows 10 x64 20H2 There's one root folder with a lot of subfolders. Each subfolder has one or more subfolders which have the files. I need to copy out every file created since October 2020, by selecting the second level folders so that their subfolders and all files in them...
  5. Why doesn't windows preserve creation dates when cutting and pasting folders to another...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't windows preserve creation dates when cutting and pasting folders to another...: I'm moving all my backups to another drive, so I'm using this method to move them. And I noticed that the folders creation date is changing, but individual files are fine. submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern [link] [comments]...
  6. New Folder Creation

New Folder Creation: [ATTACH] I have this problem where when I try to create a New Folder on my Desktop it is automatically named New Folder (2), which indicates that there is already a folder somewhere on the desktop with the same name (New Folder) I have tried locating it through...
  7. Folder Creation problem.

Folder Creation problem.: I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer create new folders on the desktop by right clicking or in File Explorer. Nothing happens. Over the past week I have tried multiple fixes that I have found on various support...
  8. Data Storage Drive Missing after Folder Creation on Windows 10

Data Storage Drive Missing after Folder Creation on Windows 10: Hi, Very recently, my second storage drive on my MSI laptop has disappeared. It was a "Data" drive which I used to store more content. Before it went missing, in that drive I created a Folder and created a shortcut to that folder, which I then dragged over to my Desktop...
  9. Automatic folders creation

Automatic folders creation: I have a windows 10 PC and sometimes I automatically get new folders with 2 character names created in my D drive. It doesn't happen everyday but once a week something. I do install a lot of my stuff in my D drive but it does sound like a virus. I ran antivirus scans but...
  10. Date Saved to Folder Windows 10 vs. Original Creation Date on Source System

Date Saved to Folder Windows 10 vs. Original Creation Date on Source System: I'm using Windows 10 (2004), but I'm trying to figure out something. I have a download folder with many files in it (from all the way back to 2002). A few versions back of Windows 10 when I would download something, the date of when the file was saved to that folder would be...