Windows 10: Folder customization changes randomly

Discus and support Folder customization changes randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christophe Yorkshire, May 31, 2019.

1. Folder customization changes randomly

I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday for weeks and months on end, it will look the same but sometimes, randomly it will destroy my views; I open and nothing is not grouped, nothing is in details layout and nothing is sorted by date modified. When we have an operating system that is truly dynamic and not static at all, one where the OS does not care at all about the user nor the user settings, how can this be considered a great or useful operating system. How? I RDP every single day into my computers and just randomly it asked me to add the cert to the cache. If I log in every day to that PC via RDP, why is randomly asking me this? How can any one agree with this? I make settings and it should stay that way until I say so, not when microsoft decides.

***Original Title: can someone explain this please***

:)

Christophe Yorkshire, May 31, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 31, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 31, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Folder customization changes randomly

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Folder customization changes randomly

1. Folder customization changes randomly - Similar Threads - Folder customization changes

2. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  3. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  4. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  6. File Folders in Windows 10 ARE NOT changing the customized view.

File Folders in Windows 10 ARE NOT changing the customized view.: I click properties on a file folder and change the view to optimize this folder for pictures and then click "also apply this template to all subfolders." I hit apply and when I click off and back, it is back to general items. I am so frustrated because I have to change the...
  7. Folder customization changes randomly

Folder customization changes randomly: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  8. customize a folder

customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  9. I can't change folder icon to a custom one

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change folder icon to a custom one: I created a new folder on the desktop and I can't change its icon to a one I downloaded. selecting the icon from the stock list (shell32.dll) works fine though. I tried with another folder in different location, still no luck. however, when I created a shortcut to the folder...
  10. Change folder permissions using custom executable program

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder permissions using custom executable program: I work with a shared folder that I want to restrict write access to the folder unless the user goes through a custom upload manager. Scenario: Colleague can search, read, or download any editable file from within a folder, but can only add files to the folder using an...