Windows 10: Folder Dimensions Preserved

Discus and support Folder Dimensions Preserved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By default, Windows kept the dimensions of each folder, but now I've noticed that it is no longer so. If I resize a folder, all folders acquire the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by liyin, May 24, 2020.

1. liyin Win User

Folder Dimensions Preserved

By default, Windows kept the dimensions of each folder, but now I've noticed that it is no longer so.

If I resize a folder, all folders acquire the same dimensions.

I don't use folder templates, besides the general one.

Windows 10 1903

:)

liyin, May 24, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

extract and preserve folders and pathways?

Extract All has always preserved folder structure for me. I don' t use it any more as I prefer 7-ZIP. It's Extract here and Extract to always preserver folder structure.

Edit: I just tested this by creating a zip file with several folders in it, each of which has a couple files. There were also files not in those folders.

I then copied the zip file to another location then did a Extract all and everything was exactly as the source. Folder strusture and content was exactly the same as the original.

Don't know what your customers are doing or how they are doing it but you need them to provide a step by step scenario so you or someone here can try to recreate it.

Ztruker, May 24, 2020
  3. extract and preserve folders and pathways?

Thanks for testing that out for me. I don't know what might be going on. I've just had three buyers report the same problem with the exe file being moved out of the folder in win10 in the last week. One person finally admitted later yesterday that he had moved the file out manually instead of making a shortcut the correct way. Seems like frustrating things come in waves.

sciencegal, May 24, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Folder Dimensions Preserved - Similar Threads - Folder Dimensions Preserved

2. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  3. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  4. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...: Hello,I got a real burden with recent update of Windows 11. My downloads directory became grouped in Explorer by date. I can set grouping to none but all subdirectories still remain grouped.So I want to remove grouping from Directory folder and subfolders but preserve...
  6. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...: Hello,I got a real burden with recent update of Windows 11. My downloads directory became grouped in Explorer by date. I can set grouping to none but all subdirectories still remain grouped.So I want to remove grouping from Directory folder and subfolders but preserve...
  7. Paint dimensions

Paint dimensions: Hello, I am having trouble copying pictures from word to paint without the picture shrinking in paint. I've already taken off the option for word to not compress my pictures and they still shrink and when I copy the picture back to word, it is in a smaller dimension, any help...
  8. Search Dimension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Search Dimension: [IMG]I don't know what this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/search-dimension/83573592-f311-489e-a5ec-2fc6864748f3
  9. Icons' dimension issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons' dimension issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bradimarte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e32g98/icons_dimension_issue/
  10. extract and preserve folders and pathways?

in Windows 10 Support
    extract and preserve folders and pathways?: I do not have windows 10 (yet) so I can't test this out. I developed software that needs to be extracted. The folder that is extracted has another folder in it along with a Flash player. The Flash player needs to remain in the folder along with the folder containing the files...