Windows 10: Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search

Discus and support Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems one of my folders has disappeared from my hard drive. I had it in a folder called 'unfinished', I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamzahA2, Nov 12, 2018.

1. HamzahA2 Win User

Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search

I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems one of my folders has disappeared from my hard drive.

I had it in a folder called 'unfinished', I went to move two other folders from that folder to another with no issues, but when I went back to the 'unfinished' folder, one of the folders inside was gone.

I tried searching both my drives for it, and checked the recycle bin which was empty.

In my quick access I have a 'New Folder' that was in the same place which I can't open, but I didn't see that in the recycle bin either. And I didn't even make a new folder in the 'unfinished' folder.

It was only a few hours worth of work so I won't miss it too much since I have quicksave of the important file, but is there any way to recover the folder or to see what happened to it?

Thanks

:)

HamzahA2, Nov 12, 2018

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Nov 12, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Nov 12, 2018
  4. pandaxWP Win User

Can´t load pictures in search

When I use search (cortana or typing, doesn´t matter) to look for pictures they don´t load. They are just stuck on the black loading screen with the loading circle rolling and nothing happens. I have Lumia 950 and as far as I know I have the latest upgrades.
    This problem didn´t disappear even after I erased my phone and restored factory settings.
    Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search 91cd2b8f-cc2b-420e-8272-24edd957ecd0.png

pandaxWP, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search - Similar Threads - Folder disappeared didn't

2. Old Desktop folder didn't delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Desktop folder didn't delete?: I recently moved some of my folders Downloads, Documents, Desktop, etc to another drive.I did it the proper way, right-clicking on the folder and selecting Properties > Location, and selecting Yes for "move all the files to the new location".Now in my C:\Users\Xeroc folder,...
  3. Old Desktop folder didn't delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Desktop folder didn't delete?: I recently moved some of my folders Downloads, Documents, Desktop, etc to another drive.I did it the proper way, right-clicking on the folder and selecting Properties > Location, and selecting Yes for "move all the files to the new location".Now in my C:\Users\Xeroc folder,...
  4. Old Desktop folder didn't delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  6. Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

Deleted Folder Not Disappearing: Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten what was in the original folder or asked me to change one of the folder's names but instead it created a second folder, with...
  7. Can't find folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find folder: I use Robocopy to back files every night and the log file says there is an extra folder on the USB stick which is neither visible or hidden and when I try to access it (J:\Recovery via remote desktop) it says access denied, does anyone have any idea what is going on?...
  8. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  9. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  10. Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps: My problem is pretty simple, I have steam and some games from it downloaded onto my laptop, but the windows 10 search function is unable to find the Steam App anymore, and it never has been able to find the .exe nor the game folders I have downloaded. Any idea how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file dissapeared in folder. didnt delete it

2. cant find a folder I didnt delete