Windows 10: Folder error on the desktop

Discus and support Folder error on the desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Brazilian, if my English isn't 100% correct, I'm sorry. The error is as follows, I can't move or delete the folder, but when I list the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SalleSPedro, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Folder error on the desktop

Hello, I'm Brazilian, if my English isn't 100% correct, I'm sorry.

The error is as follows, I can't move or delete the folder, but when I list the directory, it appears

Folder error on the desktop 1a3408a6-8afe-41c8-be7a-8b79d4746ec1?upload=true.png

:)

SalleSPedro, Apr 3, 2021

2. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Pavan MK Win User

Folder error on the desktop

Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Folder error on the desktop

1. Folder error on the desktop - Similar Threads - Folder error desktop

2. Windows 11 desktop and folder background error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop and folder background error: Hi! I just updated my laptop to Windows 11 and somehow, my original background disappeared. Instead, it started to show a vague picture of a PowerPoint slide I just closed. I did not even save the PowerPoint on my computer cuz I don't need it. When I take a screenshot it...
  3. Windows 11 desktop and folder background error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop and folder background error: Hi! I just updated my laptop to Windows 11 and somehow, my original background disappeared. Instead, it started to show a vague picture of a PowerPoint slide I just closed. I did not even save the PowerPoint on my computer cuz I don't need it. When I take a screenshot it...
  4. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  5. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  6. Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folders: Are the folders/files in C:\Users\user name\Desktop the same as in This PC\Desktop and Desktop\This PC, etc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/fca4a621-62e0-47e4-9d7f-f10084ce66f7
  7. OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder: I have an annoying sync error problem with OneDrive with files on my desktop that just started happening lately on one of my computers. I use OneDrive to sync certain folders and files across my computers. I do this for certain folders containing Applications that I write and...
  8. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  9. Desktop Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folders: The feature allowing me to create new folders on the desktop has stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/a871e3bc-5e42-4dfc-96b8-27efbf2f02ff"
  10. Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error: A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the error. His desktop is full up of icons and now when right clicking and adding new folder he gets the message below. [ATTACH]...