Windows 10: Folder/file name display mode

Discus and support Folder/file name display mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, With anniversary update microsoft showed another fine art of its genius developers by changing the folders name display from center aligned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. omidsolo Win User

Folder/file name display mode

Hi,
    With anniversary update microsoft showed another fine art of its genius developers by changing the folders name display from center aligned to left aligned was a bad change, from initial windows 95, it was center aligned, i hoped to fix it by installing all 4 updates released for Anniversary version, but no change, any workaround for this is introduced? If not, ms will keep this beautiful effect forever?
    Please advise *Smile
    PS please dont use this thread to increase your post count if you dont know the response!
    Thanks

:)

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  2. Franz_St Win User

Changing clock's view in Nokia C6-00

To be able to change the display clock on your Home screen Nokia C6.

You must change the display fonts.

1. Select the fonts which you want to use.

2.copy fonts into four files. And rename the file into.

s60snr.ttf

s60ssb.ttf

s60tsb.ttf

S60ZDIGI.ttf

3. Create a new folder name it Fonts, and then copy the four files into this folder.

4. Connect your Nokia device to a computer with Mass Storage mode.

5. Move the Fonts folder to your memory card on drive E:\resource.

6. Restart your mobile phone. Done!. Hopefully this trick can help. Folder/file name display mode :)

Franz_St, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Very Weird Issue with NOKIA N82 Gallery - Please help

It is possibly a corrupted gallery database. Connect your phone in Mass-storage mode, enable displaying hidden files and folders in your PC and browse to your memory card. You will find a folder named 'private'. Rename it to something else, otherwise, move
    that folder to your PC. This is just to take a backup of that folder. Now, disconnect your phone and see if you can see if your issue is solved.

deepestblue---01, Sep 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, this is discussed in the Customisation section. My workaround- install Quizo's Qttabbar (free)- you don't even have to have it make any other change in appearance or functionality to explorer.

No other fix is known that I've heard of.

- this is a pretty responsible forum....*Rolleyes

dalchina, Sep 10, 2016
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks dalchina for your valuable info, now I know that I should give it up!
    But that's disappointing, I wanna know what was inside the head of those Indian MS Developers who made this specific change!

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Windows 10 AU 1607 TH2: Icon Text Left Justified - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    #13 on

Folder/file name display mode [​IMG]

(Colours are optional- I added those using Qttabbar options has I hate looking at off-white all the time).
    Here I've disabled the tabs Qttabbar adds.

Downside- with the anniversary update, with Qttabbar enabled, Recent shortcuts lose their icons- become blank.
    Effect confirmed by another member here.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2016
  7. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks indeed...
    PS you're very right, my best friends in order are Google & TrueImage!!! *Smile

omidsolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder/file name display mode - Similar Threads - Folder file name

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  4. New update broke folder/file names display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update broke folder/file names display?: [ATTACH] half a question, half request for help. Installed the new update an no long or multiple word file/folder names get cut off mid word and dropped down to the next line, picture example provided (sorry for foreign languages). any help anyone can provide on the...
  5. File folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  6. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD (C:/Users/Seth (my username) folder) to a hard...
  7. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD C:/Users/Seth my username folder to a hard drive....
  8. How to display longer folder and file names before the cutoff

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display longer folder and file names before the cutoff: So look at this photo: [img] How can I make Windows 10 display those folder names longer by default? Thanks 95341
  9. How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?: Hi*Smile I have exactly the same problem solved here http://superuser.com/questions/66431...e-in-windows-7 but Win 10 isn't Win 7 and the regedit trick Iconspacing don't work for me, the space is enlarged but the folder names will get cut off in the middle of the word...
  10. Files names not displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Files names not displaying: I am using Windows 10 and Office 2013 When I Open several workbooks at once and select the Excel Icon on the task bar, the workbooks appear as Excel, but displays no names. When I click any of the workbooks showing as Excel only , the name will then display for the...