Windows 10: Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.

Discus and support Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The file explorer's representation of random folder icons keep changing without any reason or logic I can make out.The changed icons reset after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlanTuringNeuro, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.

The file explorer's representation of random folder icons keep changing without any reason or logic I can make out.The changed icons reset after restart but I encountered this over several restarts with varying folders

:)

AlanTuringNeuro, Aug 19, 2022

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Aug 19, 2022
  4. psbecker Win User

Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.

1. Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11. - Similar Threads - Folder icons keep

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icons keep changing to different version without explanation in Win 11.: The file explorer's representation of random folder icons keep changing without any reason or logic I can make out.The changed icons reset after restart but I encountered this over several restarts with varying folders...
  5. Different Win version after cloning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Different Win version after cloning: Hi everyone, after cloning my SSD to another and also changing the hardware. Windows says it is now Win 10 Enterprise and not Pro like it was before. Therefore I can't activate the new PC, since I get the error that the versions of both PCs don't match. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Win 10 Version 2004 Different Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors without slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Version 2004 Different Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors without slideshow: I updated to version 2004 and my backgrounds were reset. Before, I had a different image on each monitor. This was achieved by selecting both images in explorer and choosing set as desktop background. Now, however, when I did that, it set the images as a slideshow instead...
  7. Customised folder icon keeps changing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Customised folder icon keeps changing back: I like to give the My Documents folder a customised icon so that it will stand out but Microsoft clearly doesn't like you doing this, because after installing updates the icon frequently reverts to the default. Is there a way of customising the icon and making it stick?...
  8. Folder icon issues, my folders wont change their defult and keep showing this in the icon...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder icon issues, my folders wont change their defult and keep showing this in the icon...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fedora-sharK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7lze6/folder_icon_issues_my_folders_wont_change_their/
  9. Information WITHOUT Explanation...

Information WITHOUT Explanation...: Hello Community Members... I want to know HOW TO get the information about the Process Tab in Task Manager and I right-click for properties... WHERE can I find how to read this dialog box FREE/PAID in a book OR website... How come others know about this but we/I...
  10. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...