Windows 10: Folder Icons not displaying properly

Discus and support Folder Icons not displaying properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aditya C Menon, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Folder Icons not displaying properly

So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can someone help me solve this?

Folder Icons not displaying properly 3325b4a8-f025-4652-8d26-f918adb17194?upload=true.png

:)

Aditya C Menon, Feb 22, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Elightos Win User
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows that there are no files syncing.
    The issue become even weirder when i manually navigate to my onedrive folder on my E drive --> E:\onedrive\. Here all the icons ARE displayed correctly. As seen in the image below, the only difference between the folders is the path, where one is directly linked as the onedrive folder, while the other is the actual path on my harddrive. Similarly, the library access in the sidebar also displays the symbol issue.

Folder Icons not displaying properly [​IMG]

I've already been able to resolve the issue abit, seeing as previously my onedrive was constantly syncing unknown files and would never display the symbols correctly, however I'm now comletely stuck with this issue after forcing a full reinstall of onedrive and completely resyncing all my files.
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue?

p.s. I'll upload some images shortly to further clarify the problem!
    p.p.s Done!

Elightos, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Folder Icons not displaying properly

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Folder Icons not displaying properly :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Folder Icons not displaying properly

1. Folder Icons not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Folder Icons displaying

2. Folder icon is not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icon is not displayed correctly: Hi, some of my folder icons arent displaying as they should. I've tried deleting the icon cache but to no avail. In addition, I've tried moving my files in the folder into another new folder, the new folder's icon became defective and the original icon has returned to normal....
  3. Folder file icon display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder file icon display: In Windows 7 all my pdf and jpg folder icons used to show as a picture of the first page. Since moving to MS10 they don't, how to I change this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-file-icon-display/50ae1ec9-d9d7-4289-b595-7529f0353766
  4. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  5. Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly: Hi Recently I have reinstalled the windows using fresh start by keeping all my personnel files and deleting all the applications. After the installation, I tried to install the software and I installed all of them. But after the installation, icons are usual on the...
  6. Icons don't display at their proper scales?

Icons don't display at their proper scales?: So you know the file/program icons on the taskbar, desktop, start menu, or in the file explorer? Ever noticed they don't always display properly? What I mean is, an .ico file contains multiple images at different resolutions so that the icon can be displayed at any scale and...
  7. Wifi Icon not display properly

Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  8. Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly: [ATTACH] Hey there Redditors. So I realized my Windows Search thumbnails are busted. The apps themselves are fine. If I click the Windows Key and scroll to the app I want, the icons are there - but whenever I click the Search here for an application it displays these...
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...