Windows 10: Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back

Discus and support Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I love the ability to change folder icons and used this function widely, however just yesterday (Oct 2019) all my folder icons reset to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KrackenYYC, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back

I love the ability to change folder icons and used this function widely, however just yesterday (Oct 2019) all my folder icons reset to the default yellow folder image and now I am not able to change them back.

:)

KrackenYYC, Oct 17, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back

1. Folder Icons reset to default and now not able to be changed back - Similar Threads - Folder Icons reset

2. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  3. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  4. Changed folder icon turn back to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed folder icon turn back to default after restarting: I'm trying to change several folder icons. I follow the procedure Properties/Customize/Change Icon etc, everything seems to work fine, but after restarting the PC the icons I changed are back to the default ones.Some help please. ThanksRuggero...
  5. Reset files and folders icon back to default

Reset files and folders icon back to default: Hello, my name is Daniel and a friend of mine has recently told me to use custom desktop themes. So, from the image as you can see, I've done it. But the problem is, I wanted to bring it back to default. I have tried doing some research on google. I uninstalled the app that...
  6. Change default folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default folder icon: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to change the icon of the yellow folder in explorer not only for one as you showed but for all the yellow folders in one action. thank you 169110
  7. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  8. Change folder icons by default?

Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  9. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  10. Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?

Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder icons went to default how to i chage it back