Windows 10: Folder Icons Solution?

Discus and support Folder Icons Solution? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I posted earlier that to keep desktop folders in W11 closed the icon had to be customized. I forgot to add that when I did create a new folder I named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarolynBurton2, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Folder Icons Solution?

I posted earlier that to keep desktop folders in W11 closed the icon had to be customized. I forgot to add that when I did create a new folder I named it, then changed the icon when it was empty, before adding files. For some reason the folders remain closed, but I still have to do this individually when creating folders. It must be an issue with the default setting. It's a pain but I found the middle closed icon next to the cog in the options display actually worked. If you try this please let me know if it does.

:)

CarolynBurton2, Feb 22, 2024

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Folder Icons Solution? :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 22, 2024
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Feb 22, 2024
  4. psbecker Win User

Folder Icons Solution?

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Folder Icons Solution?

1. Folder Icons Solution? - Similar Threads - Folder Icons Solution

2. Folder Icons Solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Icons Solution?: I posted earlier that to keep desktop folders in W11 closed the icon had to be customized. I forgot to add that when I did create a new folder I named it, then changed the icon when it was empty, before adding files. For some reason the folders remain closed, but I still have...
  3. All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked: On January 13, 2023, in response to a similar question, Microsoft Agent-Moderator Hahn responded: You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db...
  4. All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked: On January 13, 2023, in response to a similar question, Microsoft Agent-Moderator Hahn responded: You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db...
  5. Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Icons: My preference for folder icons is the "Details" view. I have set that view on all folders on my computer and when creating a new folder do the same. A day or two later I will open one of my folders and find the icons have been changed to "Large icons" and a check of other...
  6. HP Solution ctr Icon/software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Solution ctr Icon/software: When I select the icon for the HP solution ct. it does NOT open the software. How do I repace it? Rick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-solution-ctr-iconsoftware/97ad840c-06c9-4a37-8f4e-e26a21d366da
  7. Folder Icons

Folder Icons: Hello, I would like to change the icons of some folders in the quick access panel. After updating to windows 10, all of my custom icons I had in windows 7 were gone. The option to change icon is not present. I have tried many methods, including... 1. Making a shortcut of...
  8. Battery Icon Missing, No Solution

Battery Icon Missing, No Solution: The battery icon that's usually displayed in the taskbar is gone. I've tried various ways for putting it back, but none of them have worked. Is this some sort of weird update? If not, how can I fix this problem? Below are the things I've tried to do already. Checking the...
  9. User folders duplicates solution?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folders duplicates solution?: Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have...
  10. User folders duplicates solution?

in Windows 10 Support
    User folders duplicates solution?: Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have...