Windows 10: Folder Icons

Discus and support Folder Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to change the icons of some folders in the quick access panel. After updating to windows 10, all of my custom icons I had in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickOlson2, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Folder Icons

Hello, I would like to change the icons of some folders in the quick access panel. After updating to windows 10, all of my custom icons I had in windows 7 were gone. The option to change icon is not present. I have tried many methods, including...

1. Making a shortcut of the folder, and changing the icon of the shortcut which worked but I can't pin the shortcut to the quick access panel.

2. I've tried to find the location of these folders in Regedit and create a new DefaultIcon key. I really don't know what I'm doing in regedit

There are a couple folders that I can change, like the scanned documents folder, but the ones I have circled I can not. The only thing is, These are networked folders, and can be accessed from any computer in the building. I'm not sure if that makes a difference?

I am at a loss. This may be a small issue, but the custom icons really helped me navigate my folders quicker and easier. If anyone knows what I could do I would Greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

P.S. If there is no solution, I would at least like to know why. Why can't I customize my folders in windows 10, but I could in 7?

Folder Icons a495c8f9-5c96-4971-bf76-b0b48bd277ba?upload=true.jpg

:)

NickOlson2, Jan 24, 2020

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Folder Icons :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jan 24, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jan 24, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Folder Icons

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Folder Icons

1. Folder Icons - Similar Threads - Folder Icons

2. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  3. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  4. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  5. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  6. Folder Icons Solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Icons Solution?: I posted earlier that to keep desktop folders in W11 closed the icon had to be customized. I forgot to add that when I did create a new folder I named it, then changed the icon when it was empty, before adding files. For some reason the folders remain closed, but I still have...
  7. Folder Icons Solution?

Folder Icons Solution?: I posted earlier that to keep desktop folders in W11 closed the icon had to be customized. I forgot to add that when I did create a new folder I named it, then changed the icon when it was empty, before adding files. For some reason the folders remain closed, but I still have...
  8. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10: Recently, I've been trying to personalize my desktop. Everything was going fine until I tried to change my folder icons. I changed 4 of them successfully but trying to change the fifth one for some reason causes it to appear as the default control panel icon. For a moment it...
  9. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10: Recently, I've been trying to personalize my desktop. Everything was going fine until I tried to change my folder icons. I changed 4 of them successfully but trying to change the fifth one for some reason causes it to appear as the default control panel icon. For a moment it...
  10. Trying to change folder icon causes it to appear as control panel icon. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming