Windows 10: Folder icons

Discus and support Folder icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Group Just curious to know if anyone knows where Windows 10 stores it's new folder icons. I've tried changing folder icons but I am directed back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob Hansen, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Folder icons

Hi Group
    Just curious to know if anyone knows where Windows 10 stores it's new folder icons. I've tried changing folder icons but I am directed back to where I'm seeing the very old icons from XP, I think. Thanks. *Biggrin

:)

Bob Hansen, Jan 27, 2015

2. How to use system folder icons for user created folders ?

There's only one way: Create a folder named "Extra" on your new Memory Card. Now you can go inside and create folder with System Folder icon included. The trick is type these folder name as follow: predef. It can be used for sub folder (wallpaper, screen
    saver) as well

Note that only 11 following folders/sub folders can have System Folder icon on Memory Card. Here's the full list name:

Extra

-predefcollcetions (will have Collection Folder icon)

-predefgames (will have Game Folder icon)

-predefgaphics (will have Graphic Folder Icon)

--predefwallpapers (------------------------)

--predefscreensavers (------------------------)

-predefmusic (will have Music Files Folder icon)

-predeftrecordings (will have Recording Folder icon)

-predeftthemes (will have Themes Folder icon)

-predefttones (will have Tones Folder icon)

--predefringtones (---------------------------)

--predefalerttones (---------------------------)

jerry_lewis, Jan 27, 2015
  3. desktop icons, taskbar shortcut and folder icons are invisible

yeah, I was expecting that it would come to this, so it´s okay, I´m just a little dissapointed, cause I bought win 10 like 11 days ago and then this happens out of the blue. Installing all my apps is going to be exhausting, but I just want everything to
    work and to look organised and clean, so I will push trough it. I am just wondering if I can somehow prevent this from happening again.

but hey, thank you again, for your time and help.

Have a great day!

Mark.

Mark Rakucak, Jan 27, 2015
  4. Folder icons

Strange, when I go to icon settings for a folder of file, I get to choose from the XP, 10, 7, and maybe 8 icon sets.

FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Most of the new ones are in 'imageres.dll'

Folder icons [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 27, 2015
  6. maxmiao Win User
    Hi,

Change icon for Service folder.

How did you get it?

I can't find anywhere

Thanks

maxmiao, Feb 29, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Hi maxmiao,

You should be able to simply right-click a folder, select 'Properties' and then click on the 'Customize' tab above. From there you can select from the selection of pre-loaded icons.

Folder icons [​IMG]

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Folder icons

1. Folder icons - Similar Threads - Folder icons

2. Self Made Icons For Apps And Folders Disapear in Win 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self Made Icons For Apps And Folders Disapear in Win 11 Taskbar: So I made myself some Icons for Apps like Photoshop etc., which I have pinned to my taskbar. At the start all worked out and they still show these custom icons on my Desktop and explorer. But after a few days they began to disappear when I start the PC. I than have to go into...
  3. Self Made Icons For Apps And Folders Disapear in Win 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self Made Icons For Apps And Folders Disapear in Win 11 Taskbar: So I made myself some Icons for Apps like Photoshop etc., which I have pinned to my taskbar. At the start all worked out and they still show these custom icons on my Desktop and explorer. But after a few days they began to disappear when I start the PC. I than have to go into...
  4. Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon: I had an issue with my computer that caused me to have to crash and restore it. In my user folder, the blue desktop icon has been replaced by a normal folder icon. I tried the right click on the properties, clicked location, then clicked restore defaults, apply and ok. I...
  5. Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon

Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon: I had an issue with my computer that caused me to have to crash and restore it. In my user folder, the blue desktop icon has been replaced by a normal folder icon. I tried the right click on the properties, clicked location, then clicked restore defaults, apply and ok. I...
  6. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  7. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  8. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  9. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  10. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder