Windows 10: Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Discus and support Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder. I am trying to delete that subfolder. After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AADNanaimo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Hello

In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder.

I am trying to delete that subfolder.

After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after about 15 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Jim

:)

AADNanaimo, Sep 15, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

1. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete - Similar Threads - Folder OneDrive appears

2. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  3. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  4. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app: WIN10 Home, Ver. 20H2 , Build 19042.746 , but problem persists since various versions When I delete files or shortcuts from the desktop, they're gone as they should be. But as soon as I run a program in fullscreen e.g. games, the deleted files re-appear as "ghosts", meaning...
  6. Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.: Not sure why but some said it has to do with a roaming profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keeps-re-appearing-after-i-deleted/fa30aeed-83b7-49f0-8a2b-18e340537825
  7. Folder keeps appearing after deletion

Folder keeps appearing after deletion: Hello, I've a question regarding to an folder i deleted several times but keeps appearing after i start up my device. what can i do to permantly delete this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Onedrive folder/file deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  9. Deleted Folders still Appear?

Deleted Folders still Appear?: Hello, When working with files and folders, I often need to cut/copy/paste both files and folders. When I move something it remains where I moved it from. Even if I collapse the folder above the folder/file in question then expand it again it is still there. I have to...
  10. Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !: Hello, Here's one I have never run across before. New user to W10 on a new Dell 8900. All seems fine, but... I have a bunch of Folders, documents and shortcuts that I tried to Delete. Put them all in the Recycle Bin. No longer on Desktop. Emptied the Recycle Bin....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive ask before delete

2. do not have onedrive folder appears

3. deleted file reappears to onedrive 2019