Windows 10: Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it.

Discus and support Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So before any one says anything, no I cannot change the security or the owner. Every option to change security is greyed out. I have tried using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarkBot, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BarkBot Win User

Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it.

So before any one says anything, no I cannot change the security or the owner. Every option to change security is greyed out. I have tried using the CMD, even as administrator. I have tried updating, restarting, using every known command to delete this file but all I ever get is an Access Denied error. I have a whole other thread about this issue, and it's yet to be solved.

It's a copy of Halo MCC from the Microsoft store, which is about 120GB. Yet when I go onto the microsoft store it says I don't have that game installed. I try to start it but it says I do not have the appropriate permissions to run it, and when I try to start it using Search it says the executable doesn't exist even though it does.

It's even weirder because Windows, on it's own, decided to put it there. I had the game installed in a completely different location, but it decided to put the entire game into a folder I cannot access at some random point within the last week. I've gone to the file I installed it to and the last time I messed with it was over a week ago -- Windows moved this on its own without so much as a single notification or warning.

At this point I'm well over convinced the only way to delete it is by formatting the entire drive. I don't have the storage to back up everything on it I want to save.

:)

BarkBot, Feb 19, 2021
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 19, 2021
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Folder in WindowsApps is taking up all my space and I can't delete it. - Similar Threads - Folder WindowsApps taking

2. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  3. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  4. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WindowsApps has hundreds of folders that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps has hundreds of folders that I can't delete: WindowsApps takes up 50% of my SSD, which I only realized now because guess what, it doesn't appear in Settings > Apps & features, or in the Start menu.I found tutorials and have taken ownership of WindowsApp folder. However, it doesn't allow me to get the same ownership of...
  6. I can't delete the windowsapps folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete the windowsapps folder.: I already done the instructions in the "How to delete the 'WindowsApps' folder on Windows 10" but i still cant delete the folder. When i try to delete it it says "You require permission from *****/PC (which is me) to make changes to this folder. Please help me. Here is the...
  7. MSIXVC folder taking +120Gb of space, can't delete

MSIXVC folder taking +120Gb of space, can't delete: Hi, I'm posting this because I see it's a recurring error and I can't find a solution that works for me. As the title says, I have more than 120gb in MSIXVC folder, inside WindowsApps. Apparently these files are "leftovers" from games installed with Xbox Pass. Problem is, I...
  8. WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD: Soooooo , having this problem where i just can't delete de windowsapp folder , and the problem is , i have already changed the ownership from the folder and everytime i get a error message like : error in applying security informations [folder name] ... failed to number...
  9. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...
  10. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173