Windows 10: Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

Discus and support Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled on it. After copying files and folders from my old laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GKC468, Jan 3, 2019.

1. GKC468 Win User

Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled on it. After copying files and folders from my old laptop and working on one of the files, I found an issue with date modified information (seems to be observed by others too). The file date modified is updated properly but the sub-folders and higher level parent folders still show the old date without updating this information. It basically takes out the purpose of sorting using date modified at folder level if this information is incorrect. I have contacted Microsoft support 4 times already with steps ranging from sfcscan to reinstalling windows 10 (upgrade PC with windows 10) and nothing worked. And each time they suggest me to buy their paid support which is not what I would expect from an issue with a new laptop. Can anyone who had similar issue and found a solution help me with this? I never had such problems with Windows 7 but I am not liking Windows 10 so far.

Thanks,

Gopi

:)

GKC468, Jan 3, 2019

2. "Date Modified" of folder containing subfolders

Hi,

All that is being asked for here is how Windows works ie how it is meant to work. jaygourley isn't asking about corrupt file systems or putting forward a suggestion. Please just answer the question, somebody!

I have the same question. I add a file to a folder, say 'photos from 2017' Its date modified is updated...as you'd expect, because its contents have changed. 'photos from 2017' lives as a subfolder of 'All My Photos'. 'All My Photos's date modified does
    not change when the file is added to 'photos from 2017', presumably because it still has the same contents as before...the list of files and folders within 'All My Photos' are the same ones, even if the modified date for 'photos from 2017' has changed.

This is logical in one sense, but not always what's wanted.

So the question is...can behaviour be changed (system-wide or per-folder) so that the date modified for 'All My Photos' reflects the date *anything* within it, right down to the bottom of the file tree, gets modified (ie a file is changed and saved, or a
    subfolder gets a file added or deleted). So I know just from looking at the Date Modified for 'All My Photos' if something was added/changed/deleted somewhere within its tree. Or is there another attribute other than 'Date Modified' that would show this?

Ian

Henry Dishtowel, Jan 3, 2019
  3. 409409409 Win User
    Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

How do I search for files modified after a certain date in Windows 10, NOT files just modifies last week,month,year,etc

Hello Jay,

Thank you for your response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open a Folder and type a file you wanted to search.
    • Type ModifiedFolder Incorrect Date Modified Information :Date of modified in the search box. Example:
      Modified:1/7/2016
    • It will show all the files which are modified on the particular date.
    Hope this information helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

1. Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information - Similar Threads - Folder Incorrect Date

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  4. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  6. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  7. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  8. Folders sorted by Date Modified

Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  9. folder sorting by date modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...
  10. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 photos are in the correct date folder in the file directory but wrong date in the photo app