Windows 10: Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Are you panicking with the unexpected This folder is empty message on the screen when you open a folder? It can become more alarming when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 26, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10

Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10 Folder-is-Empty-but-has-Files-and-Shows-Size.jpg
    Are you panicking with the unexpected This folder is empty message on the screen when you open a folder? It can become more alarming when you know, for a fact, that you have transferred the files on that folder specifically. If you are still unsure and confused, go back, and see if the Windows partition […]

This article Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 26, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Folder Empty has

2. Software to show/delete folders under a certain size? (not fully empty)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software to show/delete folders under a certain size? (not fully empty): I am looking for a software to show folders in a specific place under a certain size, as an example 20mb. Most software i searched on google only allowed me to search for empty folders, and those folders i want to delete aren't fully empty, some contain *.srt files, some...
  3. download folders show empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  4. Empty File Folders and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty File Folders and Windows 10: Last year I uploaded all my music and photographs to the One Drive and an external hard drive when the One Drive was full from my previous pc that ran Windows 7. I then downloaded, or so I thought, all of the music and photographs to my new pc operating Windows 10. I...
  5. Show file & folder sizes on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show file & folder sizes on HDD: I have used the app simply called SCANNER by Steffen Gerlach ver2.10 free of cost. If it is given the enormous time it needs to scan a HDD it very nicely displays the distribution of Files / Folders all round the disk. As below: If too many apps are running, eg., FireFox x3,...
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size: Regarding this issue, valid more than a year from v1803 on, has now been proven to be corrected on v1903, Great! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-correct/2f8b976b-4330-4fa7-b805-8b9d497fd7b6"
  8. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  9. windows 10 showing empty folders

windows 10 showing empty folders: folders showing empty in documents in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-empty-folders/71e46bd1-5e90-4fcd-b8f6-341f856e0df5"
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515