Windows 10: Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10)

Discus and support Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder that keeps reappearing after it has been deleted. Here are the things that I've tried: 1) Permanently deleting it with shift+del... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EphraimAtkinson, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10)

I have a folder that keeps reappearing after it has been deleted. Here are the things that I've tried:

1) Permanently deleting it with shift+del

2) Repairing my recycling bin via the command prompt (as administrator)

3) Scanning the folder for security issues with windows security scanner

4) Checking the permissions, to make sure that I can delete it

5) Doing a full system reset.

No dice.

I'm taking suggestions on my next attempt.

:)

EphraimAtkinson, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Hi Mayzhin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may not be able to completely delete a file/ folder if it is being used. I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    resolve folder reappearing after deletion and check
    if it works.

You may also go through repair Windows file and folder
    problems
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  3. CNSZU Win User
    Folders keep reappearing

The script "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" has a major bug. The linked folders keep reappearing under This PC. This is what happens:

1. Quick Access and This PC both contain the Documents folder
    2. The "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" script is applied
    3. The linked folders disappear from This PC. Everything is fine.
    4. I click the Documents folder under Quick Access, then double click a documents sub folder on the right panel.
    5. The Documents folder reappears under This PC.

The idea of my setup is to have all common folders pinned under Quick Access, and none under This PC to avoid any duplicates. Is there any way to fix this?

CNSZU, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10)

Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10)

1. Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Folder Keeps reappearing

2. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion: Many years ago I had the free AVAST anti-virus software but I removed it and went back to Windows Defender. I use the latest version of Windows 10 as my PC is not upgradable to Windows 11. In the past have downloaded free software like CC Cleaner which came with Avast which I...
  3. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion: Many years ago I had the free AVAST anti-virus software but I removed it and went back to Windows Defender. I use the latest version of Windows 10 as my PC is not upgradable to Windows 11. In the past have downloaded free software like CC Cleaner which came with Avast which I...
  4. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  6. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Deleted folder reappears after months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder reappears after months: I deleted this folder months ago, today i found it again in my download folder, its contents didnt come back only the folder. Same thing happened almost a year ago, different folder but same thing, weeks after it was deleted it come back without its content. I ran EEK,...
  8. Hidden folders in root of drive keep reappearing after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden folders in root of drive keep reappearing after deletion: There are two folders in the root of my D: SSD and now in My Documents folder. The names change after deletion and the files within these folders are random. Files: 6HVxq.mdb arbergearbelt.sql cream offer points.doc diverse mail reproduce.pem entries.rod.rtf fruit...
  9. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  10. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg

2. scheduled tasks that have been deleted and reappear in windows 10