Windows 10: Folder List on remote server not fully displayed.

Discus and support Folder List on remote server not fully displayed. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small network of machines running Win10. All are activated, some were upgrades and then ISO installed to check. Some were Technical Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacNala, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

Folder List on remote server not fully displayed.

I have a small network of machines running Win10. All are activated, some were upgrades and then ISO installed to check. Some were Technical Preview installations. Some are FAST ring and some are SLOW ring.
    They all connect to a NAS to share files in folders and keep backups.
    Recently I had a report that not all the NAS folders were being displayed. When I checked from the master machine (Win 7) all the folder were displayed some 22 in all. So I checked the individual Win 10 machines. All the Win 10 machines that had not been updated to 10525 showed the same number of folders, 3 less than the master machine and the Win 10 FAST ring number.

Now I am puzzled why there should have been such a difference.
    The folders not being displayed where the root folder (C), Admin, and Home.
    I checked the folder view options and Show all hidden files was selected.

NAS = Netgear ReadyNAS NV+

Can anyone suggest a reason why the latest build shows all the folders and the earlier ones do not?

:)

MacNala, Aug 20, 2015
  2. David JE Win User

Build 10565: Start and All apps- why is there still no size customization?

In the All Apps list, many names are truncated and when you have a lot of similar programs like those for Microsoft SQL Server you must start opening the folder to see the content. Why is there no word wrap or at least a pop up when the name is not fully
    displayed? I had hoped a fix would have been included in this next preview...

David JE, Aug 20, 2015
  3. cataholic Win User
    E52 Email - POP Folders "missing"

When my E52 inbox is empty, I can't find my other email folders.

After much playing around I believe that I've worked it out.

It seems it is not dependant on whether your E52 In Box is empty or not but rather on whether your In Box on the remote email server is empty or not. If there is mail in the remote server's In Box and the E52 In Box is empty then the other E52 folders are
    still visible in the E52's drop down list.

So, why I don't have this problem is I have the email clients (MS Outlook) on my computers set to leave some mail on the remote email server (I have it leave mail for 30 days so that I always have a remote backup of recent mail accessible via web mail if
    needed).

If you wish to do as I ended up doing then have a play around with an email account via web mail with mail in the remote In Box then no mail in the In Box and see if you get different behaviours in each case with the drop down list of folders on the E52
    with the phone's In Box empty? I did not check whether the remote mail was read or not made any difference - it may do.

If the behaviour is as I experience it then the answer is to have your computer email client leave some mail on the server (although I don't think all clients will manage that). Seems funny behaviour though.

EDIT: Just for the sake of clarification the above was with POP3 servers.

cataholic, Aug 20, 2015
  4. oldrock Win User

are the Windows 10 clients using Administrator accounts or just User accounts?

oldrock, Aug 20, 2015
  5. MacNala Win User
    For the moment they are all administrator accounts.

MacNala, Aug 20, 2015
  6. MacNala Win User
    A further update to the puzzle.
    One of my machines is a laptop which I had split into two machines Win7 and Win10. The Win10 was initially a technical preview but has been upgraded to be an ISO installed version. It was configured to be on the Fast ring and has just received the latest evaluation copy (build 10525). This is showing the same difference in the number of folders on the NAS. Prior to the recent update it was showing the lower number 19 instead of 22 (the real number). Now it is showing all the folders on the NAS 22.
    Anyone got any ideas as to why the difference?
    The three missing folders are apparently associated with the software installed in the NAS. Almost as if the O/S in the NAS has allowed access to hidden or system folders.

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder List on remote server not fully displayed. - Similar Threads - Folder List remote

2. Not connecting to remote server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not connecting to remote server: Please help me , some programmes say unable to connect while some connect without problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-connecting-to-remote-server/761f69ad-f0b2-41e3-9e41-150ea131e262
  3. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  4. Folder pictures are not fully displayed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder pictures are not fully displayed?: When I assign a picture as a folder picture/icon, it never displays the full picture, and instead all pictures are missing the top and bottom 2 inches or so. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/AMLRoss [link] [comments]...
  5. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  6. Local server not listed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local server not listed: I just upgraded to Win10, and although I see the local network workstations listed my server is not. How do I connect to the server? 192.168.1.9 dosnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-server-not-listed/a032801f-2656-4f68-ab38-1127ed74d2b0
  7. List displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    List displays: How to stop my laptop from scrolling down lists? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-displays/3c18fd00-4468-4e5b-874c-13e28fa568c0
  8. List of all printers and remote print servers on the domain

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    List of all printers and remote print servers on the domain: Hello Guys, I am trying to make a batch file to get the list of al local, mapped printers and remote print servers. I know for print management thing Powershell would be efficient but I am having Problem of getting the mapped and remote print server list. I tried...
  9. Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list": I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the icons along with "list" view sized icons. Aggravating...anyone else having this happen? I'm on version 1903, but this happened...
  10. Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list: I inadvertently clicked on a programme and not looking properly clicked an acceptance to change the DPI, it was this little app, Windows 10 DPI Fix, all it did was cause the problem that I have now. *Sad Windows 10 DPI Fix 2.2 Read more at: Download Windows 10 DPI Fix -...