Windows 10: folder list

Discus and support folder list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.  Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.  How do I add the PDF folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Herm61, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Herm61 Win User

folder list

I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.&nbsp; Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.&nbsp; How do I add the PDF folder To my list? when I create a New folder with a PDF name, it doesnt show upon my list.<br>

:)

Herm61, Aug 11, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. dalchina Win User
    Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

folder list [​IMG]

Motim?

dalchina, Aug 11, 2021
  4. folder list

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

folder list

1. folder list - Similar Threads - folder list

2. My file explorer folder don't show list of folder , one drive and other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file explorer folder don't show list of folder , one drive and other: This is what my file explorer look like. I have re install window and this is not how it used to look. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-folder-dont-show-list-of-folder/fc8f65a7-7226-46fe-a9f9-d3858d40f8ec
  3. Selection list under Folder Options does not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selection list under Folder Options does not show: Hi,When I go to "Folder Options" in the Windows Explorer, then select "View" tab, the list under the "Advanced settings" cannot be seen.Only when I click on the checkbox, the corresponding line will appear. It disappears when I click on another line's checkbox.What could be...
  4. Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder: When opening My Documents folder to find my external hard drive, I see it listed twice. See screenshot.Both listings seem to contain the same data. Can you explain the two listings?Thanks,Jerry7/16/2021...
  5. icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user

icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user: Hi there, I have a main Budget folder that will keep sub-folders for each Department, eg Dept1, Dept2 etc Dept users can only read/write in their own Dept folders. eg. UserA can read and write in Dept1 folder only. To achieve this, I believe I have to grant all users to just...
  6. Make a list of empty folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Make a list of empty folders: Hi I want to make a spreadsheet of (the full path statements of) all empty folders on a drive (external, USB). I have googled and found 4 or 5 suggestions on how to do this, but couldn't get any of them to work. - - - Alternatively, some kind of DIR statement that gives the...
  7. How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you have a lot of files and folders, it becomes difficult to keep track, and that’s why it becomes important to maintain a list of names so in case a file is accidentally deleted or a new folder is added, you can know by comparing it to the previously saved. It...
  8. File Explorer is generating a recursive list of files in a folder.

File Explorer is generating a recursive list of files in a folder.: One of my directories has a sub-folder that contains another folder with the same name. It contains a sub-folder with the same name and this goes on and on I assume for hundreds of levels. I can create a new folder in a sub level and it automatically creates the same folder...
  9. Trying to move icons for Microsorunrunft apps into folders in app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to move icons for Microsorunrunft apps into folders in app list: I've just built a new PC after spending months gathering the bits and pieces. I've noticed that since my last fresh install of Windows 10 some years ago, there is a proliferation of apps in my app list that I just don't want. I can't uninstall them as the option doesn't...
  10. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...