Windows 10: folder list

Discus and support folder list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.  Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.  How do I add the PDF folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Herm61, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Herm61 Win User

folder list

I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.&nbsp; Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.&nbsp; How do I add the PDF folder To my list? when I create a New folder with a PDF name, it doesnt show upon my list.<br>

:)

Herm61, Aug 11, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. dalchina Win User
    Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

folder list [​IMG]

Motim?

dalchina, Aug 11, 2021
  4. folder list

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

folder list

1. folder list - Similar Threads - folder list

2. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  3. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  4. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  6. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  7. How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?: In File Explorer Windows 11 pro: How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified? I know how to Ctrl A to select the files, use Copy Path to copy them, and Ctrl V to paste the results into Word or Excel, but that only gives me the file...
  8. How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?

How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?: In File Explorer Windows 11 pro: How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified? I know how to Ctrl A to select the files, use Copy Path to copy them, and Ctrl V to paste the results into Word or Excel, but that only gives me the file...
  9. Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search: I know how to get to the 'Searching Windows' area where I can add excluded folders, but I want to remove a couple of the excluded folders. The problem is - you can't see the full name of the folders with long names.\I need to see the rest of the file name after the three...
  10. Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search

Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search: I know how to get to the 'Searching Windows' area where I can add excluded folders, but I want to remove a couple of the excluded folders. The problem is - you can't see the full name of the folders with long names.\I need to see the rest of the file name after the three...