Windows 10: Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

Discus and support Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a personal Onedrive folder mapped to my main desktop, that way I can access files from anywhere. If I create a second desktop in W10, can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ssdurn, Sep 15, 2019.

1. ssdurn Win User

Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

I have a personal Onedrive folder mapped to my main desktop, that way I can access files from anywhere.

If I create a second desktop in W10, can I map to a different folder...say my work desktop that's mapped to a folder Onedrive for Business folder.

:)

ssdurn, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

1. Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Folder Location second

2. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  3. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  4. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  5. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  6. windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.: Hi,i have created many folders on my destop. Today I decided to move them to their correct location in "Documents" and replace them with shortcuts on the desktop. Some had aldeady been done., or a shortcut had already been created, linked to the folder in"documents".This is...
  7. windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.

windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.: Hi,i have created many folders on my destop. Today I decided to move them to their correct location in "Documents" and replace them with shortcuts on the desktop. Some had aldeady been done., or a shortcut had already been created, linked to the folder in"documents".This is...
  8. My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...: [ATTACH] Once, I was trying to change the path of my desktop folder, and because of foolishness ... I typed in the new path of the desktop as: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy It had to be: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy\Desktop and that path will replace the desktop path folder with...
  9. My desktop theme folder location is changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop theme folder location is changed: Why is my theme folder is in roaming folder not in local folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-theme-folder-location-is-changed/fc2b86ac-d703-42a7-b532-1dec215c800b
  10. Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Desktop Folder Location in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...