Windows 10: Folder location of Settings app Fix

Discus and support Folder location of Settings app Fix in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by meetwiit, Feb 12, 2024.

1. meetwiit Win User

Folder location of Settings app Fix

Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the latter I get "You have been denied permission to access this folder" even though both Administrator and User ha

:)

meetwiit, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Changing folder location

Hi Kenneth,

To change the location of a personal folder (e.g., Videos), follow these steps:

1. Right-click the personal folder, and then click Properties.
    2. Switch to the Location tab in the dialog box.
    3. Click Move....
    4. Select the destination folder path and then click OK.
    Your apps will know the location of the shell folder, whichever drive it is in.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Folder location of Settings app Fix - Similar Threads - Folder location Settings

2. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  3. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  4. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  6. Folder location of Settings app Fix

Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.the message I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T"I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  7. Folder location of Settings app

Folder location of Settings app: Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the...
  8. Location Setting for web apps

Location Setting for web apps: How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!...
  9. Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App

in Windows 10 Support
    Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App: I followed the tutorial Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 to move my Documents folder to a separate partition. Did the same thing for my Music, Pictures and Video folders. Everything worked great. Nevertheless, the Win10 Settings app at Settings > Storage >...
  10. Setting a fixed location

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting a fixed location: I use a VPN and Cortana and the OS thinks I'm somewhere else. Is there anyplace to put a zip code to force the OS to think you're in a specific location? 15804