Windows 10: Folder location of Settings app

Discus and support Folder location of Settings app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ares79T, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ares79T Win User

Folder location of Settings app

Hi,

I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt.
    However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the latter I get "You have been denied permission to access this folder" even though both Administrator and User had read permissions when I checked in the advanced tab. Btw I am the Administrator.

Some direction would be appreciated.

:)

Ares79T, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder location of Settings app - Similar Threads - Folder location Settings

2. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  3. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  4. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  6. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  7. Folder location of Settings app Fix

Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.the message I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T"I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  8. Install app settings location?

Install app settings location?: I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me that the app is not on the store via pop-up, and gives me the option to change my app recommendation settings. However when I...
  9. Location Setting for web apps

Location Setting for web apps: How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!...
  10. Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App

in Windows 10 Support
    Change to Location of User Folders Not Reflected in Settings App: I followed the tutorial Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 to move my Documents folder to a separate partition. Did the same thing for my Music, Pictures and Video folders. Everything worked great. Nevertheless, the Win10 Settings app at Settings > Storage >...