Windows 10: Folder location

Discus and support Folder location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to change the locations of the folders Download, Picture and Videos to drive D:/ Unfortunately this is what happen when I apply those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VirgilioEcaldre, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Folder location

Hi,

I wanted to change the locations of the folders Download, Picture and Videos to drive D:/
    Unfortunately this is what happen when I apply those changes.
    Cant change the name of the folder as you can see below and change to default and still the same.

Folder location 490e31c8-1f8f-4f2b-901a-78b86d64ff27?upload=true.png

:)

VirgilioEcaldre, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Folder location

Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Folder location

1. Folder location - Similar Threads - Folder location

2. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  3. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  4. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  5. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  6. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

7. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  8. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  9. Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.: Hello,I have been having so much problems trying to move a folder out of c:\users\username\OneDrive. Up until a few days ago, I had a Location Tab in Properties. I was trying to move a folder out of there, but I kept on getting error messages. Now I don't know where it is:I...
  10. Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.

Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.: Hello,I have been having so much problems trying to move a folder out of c:\users\username\OneDrive. Up until a few days ago, I had a Location Tab in Properties. I was trying to move a folder out of there, but I kept on getting error messages. Now I don't know where it is:I...