Windows 10: Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar

Discus and support Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have one primary folder that I store most of my files on at work.I have this folder set up to be included on my toolbar. This makes it really easy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pshaw436, Aug 11, 2021.

1. pshaw436 Win User

Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar

I have one primary folder that I store most of my files on at work.I have this folder set up to be included on my toolbar. This makes it really easy to access some files with just a couple of clicks.However, sometimes on startup, the folder remains in the toolbar, but there is no longer a drop out arrow. This causes me to have to remove the folder from toolbar, and then re-add the folder this usually works. The dropout arrow usually returns once I do this. I was hoping to see if there was a permanent fix to this issue. See the attached photos.Thanks,Parker

:)

pshaw436, Aug 11, 2021

2. Back arrow

In Internet Explorer, when my cursor hovered over the "Back" arrow, a list of recent pages would drop down. I can't make this happen with Edge. Any suggestions?

StanWilsonXU, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    bookmarks toolbar

Hi Leonard,

To better assist you regarding bookmarks toolbar in Microsoft Edge, we recommend that you follow these easy quick steps on how to add bookmarks. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge, then on the address bar type a specific website (e.g. www.facebook.com).
    • Click the Star button, from the drop-down list select
      Favorites Bar
      then click on Save.

Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar ef1cdad2-bf16-4585-a6e4-63085e0c352e.jpg

• You can see that the web address will be added in the toolbar.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar

Drag and drop from the Desktop Toolbar

Why can I suddenly not drag and drop from the Desktop Toolbar? From within the Toolbar, when I try to either left click or right click on an item the entire Toolbar just disappears. I used to be able to left click and drag that somewhere (for example into
    an Outlook email) or right click and open/print/delete/etc. Suddenly that no longer works.

If I then go to my actual Desktop and try to drag and drop from there, for example into a different folder on my computer, the item is simply copied into that folder but left on the Desktop. Please help!

MichalTere, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar

1. Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar - Similar Threads - Folder loses drop

2. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  3. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  4. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  5. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  6. Where does the list of folders in the "Save As" drop-down comes from?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where does the list of folders in the "Save As" drop-down comes from?: [ATTACH] It would be super useful if I could see the list of the recent folders in there, instead I see folders that I haven't used for ages and that don't seem to be related to anything I have accessed recently. They don't seem to change neither after a few days. I have...
  7. Is It Possible to Enlarge the Arrows in toolbar on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Is It Possible to Enlarge the Arrows in toolbar on Windows Explorer: Hi Everyone. I have a question about toolbar in Windows Explorer. There are three arrows in the toolbar blow the Ribbon: one arrow to go left, one arrow to go right and one up arrow to go up. There are very small icons. My question is as follow: Is It Possible to Enlarge the...
  8. Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working: I have to restart Microsoft Edge just to get the arrow drop down, at the far right hand side of the favorites bar, to display other favorites. Can anyone Help?...
  9. Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11: I have been driven nuts with this problem for a few days now. I get it working for a while then gone again. Tonight I went into installed updates and uninstalled the updates which downloaded around the time the problem started as it seemed to happen after update restart. Up...
  10. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597