Windows 10: Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10

Discus and support Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a two-month old computer with two SS hard drives. I use the second for document storage. While doing routine work, I hit an error message in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dkcdkc1531, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10

I have a two-month old computer with two SS hard drives. I use the second for document storage. While doing routine work, I hit an error message in Publisher and Word (Office 365 subscription) that a commonly used director could not be accessed. After rebooting and getting the same message, I ran the Error Checking tool on the drive. It said it had made repairs - although it took running it a few times. I rebooted and the file that had the problem had simply vanished. Can I get it back? How?

:)

dkcdkc1531, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10

lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10

1. Folder Lost After Running Error Checking Tool in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folder Lost Running

2. Windows 11 Check Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Check Tool: I just tried to run the Windows 11 check tool and got the message that my organization manages updates on my PC. This is my home PC runs Windows 10 Pro and is never been part of any organization. Can someone give me a suggestion on how to fix this?...
  3. Windows 11 Check Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Check Tool: I just tried to run the Windows 11 check tool and got the message that my organization manages updates on my PC. This is my home PC runs Windows 10 Pro and is never been part of any organization. Can someone give me a suggestion on how to fix this?...
  4. WIndows 10 File Explorer Properties > Tools > Error Checking hangs up and does not run.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10 File Explorer Properties > Tools > Error Checking hangs up and does not run.: This issue has been on-going for the last few months on my Microsoft SurfaceBook Pro 2. I keep my version of Windows updated, The problem began after one of the Windows updates, but I am unsure of exactly which one. I use external drives for storage. I periodically run...
  5. Lost folder after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost folder after update: So a friend of mine had a windows update maybe 2 weeks ago and now there is a folder missing which before has been on his desktop. I checked the shortcut path but it doesnt exist anymore. It tells me the folder is on C:/User/... but now C:/User doesnt even exist. It only...
  6. folder lost after win 10 update

folder lost after win 10 update: after the latest Win 10 update a folder disappeared from my desktop. I would like to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-lost-after-win-10-update/17af4f19-59eb-465d-8b4b-3a48211537bd"
  7. Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs: I went to Settings|Windows Update and tried checking for updates. The app runs and runs. I downloaded and ran the update checker tool. It hung up on "pending reboot" and ran and ran and ran. There is no obvious pending reboot. What can I do to get Windows Update running? I...
  8. Lost folders and files after updating Windows 10

Lost folders and files after updating Windows 10: Please help me retrieve all my folders and files lost after srlecting the Windows 10 update. I see my programs but no folders I created or access to onedrive or icloud....
  9. Lost folders in drive D after stupid error

Lost folders in drive D after stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and swapped in another HDD temporarily....
  10. Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk: Hello, I have a 2TB drive with what looks to be some bad clusters. I've run a couple of FULL formats without issue using both exFAT & NTFS formats, and the windows GUI disk check passes them, however in both cases, chkdsk /R freezes permanently at the 2% mark. Is there...