Windows 10: folder lost in Move

Discus and support folder lost in Move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 - all latest updatesI Moved a directory "name" from a folder under Documents to another directory tree. After I did this the directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenPopik, Jul 22, 2021.

1. folder lost in Move

Windows 10 - all latest updatesI Moved a directory "name" from a folder under Documents to another directory tree. After I did this the directory "name" had disappeared and I have not been able to find it including the Recycle Bin.The move was done using a right click select and dragging "name" to its new location. Any ideas what went wrong amd why?

:)

StephenPopik, Jul 22, 2021
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

folder lost in Move

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

folder lost in Move

1. folder lost in Move - Similar Threads - folder lost Move

2. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost': My SSD drive is full. So I tried to take a shortcut and move the entire picture folder to a different drive. It worked, or seemed too, but I noticed the SSD card didn't free up any space. I have determined that some of my folders where I kept my photographs are GONE. They are...
  3. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost': My SSD drive is full. So I tried to take a shortcut and move the entire picture folder to a different drive. It worked, or seemed too, but I noticed the SSD card didn't free up any space. I have determined that some of my folders where I kept my photographs are GONE. They are...
  4. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Lost folders

Lost folders: Hi, I have lost a number of folders following the latest windows 10 update. I have tried all of the recommended solutions, performed a system reastore and web chatted with Micrsoft. Has anyone been able to slve this problem>...
  6. Lost hidden folders when moving from phone to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost hidden folders when moving from phone to PC: Hi there. I moved some Folders from my phone to my PC (windows 10) to save some space. The moved folders contained other hidden folders. When I searched for them once everything was moved to my PC, I couldn't find them (even when i make hidden files visible). Are these hidden...
  7. Lost folder

Lost folder: [ATTACH] When I go to "My PC" on my HP laptop,I cannot open the Downloads folder.I get this error message.The page says: This PC.The folders in it are:3D Pictures,Desktop,Documents,Downloads,Music,Pictures and Videos.These came with the laptop....
  8. Lost folder

Lost folder: Hello! I preinstalled my windows, because it was running pretty slow/bad and later today I found out that i didn't saved 1 folder that was very important. By very important i mean VERY VERY IMPORTANT folder. My question is: Is there any way that i can get it back? I don't...
  9. Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Folder: How do I recover a Folder that disappeared from my Desk Top?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-folder/c9f944f5-52de-494a-a7be-e7340b6e0ee5
  10. "Lost" Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lost" Folder: I have "lost" my Notepad folder. Each time I try just have folder title with blank white screen. Have feeling that I somehow moved it off the Desktop. Appreciate assistance please. Must be using search facility incorrectly as cannot find answer*Redface rgds. 133436