Windows 10: Folder missing from Quick Access menu?

Discus and support Folder missing from Quick Access menu? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of yesterday, my 'Pictures' folder no longer shows up on my Quick Access menu. I can pin/unpin other folders with no issue, but I can't pin that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elvaneyl, Jan 6, 2019.

1. elvaneyl Win User

Folder missing from Quick Access menu?

As of yesterday, my 'Pictures' folder no longer shows up on my Quick Access menu. I can pin/unpin other folders with no issue, but I can't pin that particular folder. I've tried pinning it from the side bar menu via right click on Pictures, I've tried going to that folder and trying to add via right click on Quick access. I've tried going into the Quick access options and resetting folders. My Pictures folder hasn't been moved, it's right were it's always been.

I've tried looking online to see if there's an answer, but I haven't seen anything that has worked for me. Since I use my Pictures folder for all my art projects, I'd really like to get it back up there. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Thanks~

:)

elvaneyl, Jan 6, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Quick Access folders missing

Check to see, if by some remote possibility, they might still be pinned to Jump Lists:

Folder missing from Quick Access menu? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Folder missing from Quick Access menu?

Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Folder missing from Quick Access menu?

1. Folder missing from Quick Access menu? - Similar Threads - Folder missing Quick

2. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  3. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  4. Quick Access menu missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Quick Access menu missing in Windows 11: [IMG]Quick Access, a feature in File Explorer allows you easy access to your recent files and folders. You can manually pin or unpin frequently used folders via Quick Access. In the recent Windows 11 update, Quick Access is not in the place where it used to be. You can now...
  5. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  6. tree missing from quick access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    tree missing from quick access: Hi all, Okay, I just got a new laptop for Christmas, and am working on getting it set up. Configuration wise, I think it's pretty much there, but I can't seem to access my data. I'm having two seemingly related issues: 1. On my old laptop, I made frequent use of the tree that...
  7. tree missing from quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tree missing from quick access: Hi all, Okay, I just got a new laptop for Christmas, and am working on getting it set up. Configuration wise, I think it's pretty much there, but I can't seem to access my data. I'm having two seemingly related issues: 1. On my old laptop, I made frequent use of the tree that...
  8. Quick Access Folders Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Folders Missing: I own an Acer Nitro 50 desktop computer. After updating my graphics card drivers, I restart my computer. I browse the internet for an hour or so, then download Glasswire, a network monitoring program. I had not run the program yet, however, in File Explorer, quick access...
  9. Quick Access folders missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access folders missing: I don't know what I did while tweaking, but somehow I found that my Quick Access' folders (pinned and recent) have become missing! I can't do a system restore, so can anyone provide the default registry settings for Quick Access? [img] I only know they were there as...
  10. Quick access missing folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access missing folders?: In file explorer I just noticed today that there is no music and videos folder in quick access. Is something wrong or did ms remove them. Henry 67726

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick access folder missing

2. quick access folders disappeared

3. windows 10 quick access folders missing

4. quick access folders missing