Windows 10: Folder name and Location problem

Discus and support Folder name and Location problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi ! I tried transferring the Location of my Downloads and Desktop folder to Drive "D" by changing its property location. But, after doing it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #Neil123, Jan 20, 2020.

1. #Neil123 Win User

Folder name and Location problem

Hi !

I tried transferring the Location of my Downloads and Desktop folder to Drive "D" by changing its property location. But, after doing it, it seems that the Desktop folder renames itself to "downloads" and all the files that pertains from the download will also be viewed on the desktop. Then i tried again by renaming the folder to be back to desktop thru its location properties but, both the download folder and desktop folder renames itself to both "Desktop". And i try the other way around but still of no effect and i don't know how to fix it.

I tried resetting it and although its back to its original name but they both share the same files. So, Please help.

Thank you.

Best regards, Folder name and Location problem 4d6f44c3-2893-4908-bd98-4020d2de8977?upload=true.png

:)

#Neil123, Jan 20, 2020

2. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Folder name and Location problem

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Folder name and Location problem

1. Folder name and Location problem - Similar Threads - Folder name Location

2. For DaveM121 Problem with folder locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For DaveM121 Problem with folder locations: DaveM121 I need your instructions updated for the following: 1. My Desktop and Documents folders were merged under Desktop. I need to separate these two folders. This occurred when I moved the Documents file to my D drive. Prior to this move the Desktop folder moved without...
  3. For DaveM121 Problem with folder locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For DaveM121 Problem with folder locations: DaveM121 I need your instructions updated for the following: 1. My Desktop and Documents folders were merged under Desktop. I need to separate these two folders. This occurred when I moved the Documents file to my D drive. Prior to this move the Desktop folder moved without...
  4. Problems with the downloads folder location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  5. Problems with the downloads folder location.

Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  6. Name problem in the Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  7. Name problem in the Users folder

Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  8. Location of the folder named 'PowerMgnt'.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of the folder named 'PowerMgnt'.: I've got some issues with my laptop's speaker. I found a solution on internet and it said to follow these steps: [ATTACH] But I'm stuck in step 4. I'm not able to find the folder named RTKNGUI64and PowerMgnt. Where can I find those? Here is a screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  9. Folder name problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name problem: I want to set a new folder in another folder but the folder name is restricted to 34 characters only. I set a this folder in my OneDrive: LCS1088301 case reports & questionnaires and another subfolder in that folder: LCS1088301 case reports & questi I was not allowed to...
  10. Problem with folder name in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with folder name in 'This PC': I'm running, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Just briefly I'm on a new laptop and have been making changes including adding a second SSD (SATA 2.5") as well as installing a larger M.2 SSD and my system drive. All is working well except for one issue that is driving me nuts....