Windows 10: Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog

Discus and support Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have WIA driver installed and configured. When I Perform Scan Go to Control Printers -> Right Click on the device -> Start Scan, After the scan is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roshni_Aithal, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog

I have WIA driver installed and configured.
    When I Perform Scan Go to Control Printers -> Right Click on the device -> Start Scan, After the scan is completed 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog appears. Click on 'more options' 'Import Settings' dialog appears. Click on 'Browse' button then on 'Make New Folder' button. New Folder will be created and allowed to rename. But the renamed folder name is not updated in 'Folder' textbox.
    Is this the known issue of Windows? Is MS providing any fix for this in future build or update?

Regards,
    Roshni

:)

Roshni_Aithal, Oct 16, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 16, 2020
  4. RonV42 Win User

Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog

This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

1. How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    2. How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog [​IMG]

RonV42, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog

1. Folder Name is not reflected after renaming in 'Import Pictures and Videos' dialog - Similar Threads - Folder Name reflected

2. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  3. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  4. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  7. Rename music/pictures folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename music/pictures folder: [ATTACH] hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the actual Pictures folder renamed to Music, resulting in two different folders with the same archives, if that makes any sense. ill...
  8. Important: a File Folder with pictures and videos simply DISAPPEARED!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important: a File Folder with pictures and videos simply DISAPPEARED!: I want to transfer a File Folder to a WD Passport Hard Drive. The hard drive didn't show up at first on my computer, so I disconnected it and fixed the problem on another computer (I turned off the computer that had the folder in it). After turning on my computer again for...
  9. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  10. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME: Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'? Thanks. [ATTACH]...