Windows 10: Folder name search in Windows 11

Discus and support Folder name search in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to search for only folder names in File Explorer in Windows 11. For example, I want to find all of the folders, in all of my drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phil Konstantin, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Folder name search in Windows 11

Is there a way to search for only folder names in File Explorer in Windows 11. For example, I want to find all of the folders, in all of my drives, which have the word "mountain" in the folder name. However, I do not want to see any files with the word "mountain" in the name.A Windows Help Agent said you could do it in the Search tab in the taskbar. Unfortunately, that only works for the C drive. I have 7 external hard drives. I create videos, and I have vast amounts of material which I use for these videos. Sometimes I cannot remember where I stored a folder. For example, I have a folder whic

:)

Phil Konstantin, Dec 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Dec 2, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Folder name search in Windows 11

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

In the Search bar in Explorer:

Code:
    [b]FolderName:Business Name:Assets[/b]

[url='https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/cde684ee-b2bb-4398-93c2-4ae8a5b3c7c1?upload=true']
    [ATTACH=full]163526[/ATTACH]
    [/url]
    Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Folder name search in Windows 11

1. Folder name search in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Folder name search

2. file name search not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file name search not working windows 11: cannot search files via name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-search-not-working-windows-11/5b6316e7-c582-436a-9ee9-c623b2140d7d
  3. file name search not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file name search not working windows 11: cannot search files via name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-search-not-working-windows-11/5b6316e7-c582-436a-9ee9-c623b2140d7d
  4. Folder name search in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder name search in Windows 11: Is there a way to search for only folder names in File Explorer in Windows 11. For example, I want to find all of the folders, in all of my drives, which have the word "mountain" in the folder name. However, I do not want to see any files with the word "mountain" in the...
  5. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  6. Searching folders that contain dots in the name

in Cortana
    Searching folders that contain dots in the name: I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. Each of these folders is being automatically added to the excluded list in search classic...
  7. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  8. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name: Hi. I can easily search for folders with a name like "Business". But then I want to find any files in just those folders named "Assets". Can I either make a search using something like AND or can I search for files just within the folders I searched for to begin with. In...
  9. Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder: I used to be able to open and search a Windows 10 folder for documents whose name contains a pattern of letters and Windows 10 would display all the documents with that name pattern separately. I could then copy and paste everything displayed into another folder to work on...
  10. Folder "Search" not deleting old file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder "Search" not deleting old file names: For some reason my computer isn't deleting old file names. Example: I have a picture named "Bob 1.0". I then change the name to "Bob 2.0". I then move that picture from Folder 1A to Folder 2B. When I do a search for "Bob" I get three results: I get "Bob 1.0", "Bob 2.0" in...