Windows 10: Folder name wrapping

Discus and support Folder name wrapping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but my searches didn't come up with anything. Is there a way to increase the amount of text in a folder name before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kosarai, May 18, 2020.

1. Folder name wrapping

I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but my searches didn't come up with anything. Is there a way to increase the amount of text in a folder name before the text wraps?

For example, I have a folder named "International" but it displays as "Internation" then "al" on the next line. So I'm seeing if there's a way it can just show "International" in one line.

submitted by /u/kosarai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kosarai, May 18, 2020

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 18, 2020
  4. Folder name wrapping

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Folder name wrapping

1. Folder name wrapping - Similar Threads - Folder name wrapping

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  5. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  6. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  8. Wrapping Mouse

Wrapping Mouse: I'm running Window 10. I am looking for information on how to wrap my mouse around my desktop. I want my mouse cursor to go 360. Can it be done without download some app from some unknown web site???...
  9. PowerShell ISE and Word-Wrap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerShell ISE and Word-Wrap: How hard would it be for PowerShell to ISE to actually have word wrap? For a small change like this I can't see it taking a long time to implement. I feel like this should have been possible years ago. submitted by /u/cloud7up [link] [comments]...
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...