Windows 10: Folder names are missing after moving the folder

Discus and support Folder names are missing after moving the folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I work with photos and pictures on my Windows 10 laptop. Recently I created a folder and moved other photo folders there. But I found that these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RomasGonzalis, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Folder names are missing after moving the folder

I work with photos and pictures on my Windows 10 laptop. Recently I created a folder and moved other photo folders there. But I found that these folders are missing folder names, just their names are still there. Before moving all of them had folder names. When I got then back, the folders names didn’t get back. Please any help. I have lots of folder to retrieve their names manually.

:)

RomasGonzalis, Apr 5, 2019

2. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Folder names changed after folder move

I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file
    folder is there. I tried undoing, and it didn't bring back my folder names. Any suggestions? I have moved folders many times in the past, and this has never happened.

RickJohnson8, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Folder names are missing after moving the folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Folder names are missing after moving the folder

1. Folder names are missing after moving the folder - Similar Threads - Folder names are

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?: I am trying to find a way to mass aggregate folders from one project into a parent project folder. Currently we have 800+ folders with location codes and project name Ex: 0123 Project A and I want to move those to to another location where we have folders for all of our...
  5. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?: I am trying to find a way to mass aggregate folders from one project into a parent project folder. Currently we have 800+ folders with location codes and project name Ex: 0123 Project A and I want to move those to to another location where we have folders for all of our...
  6. Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar: Today when was searching through files something bothered me, then I realised there's lack of icon and folder name in the folder title bar. Also it looks weird it covers things below title bar? [ATTACH]...
  7. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  8. Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?: Ok, so I used a simple bat file to create folders based off files names. For example, in my Movies folder, I have Example.mp4 and an Example folder. Is there a way to use a different bat file to auto move example.mp4 into the Example folder? Also, not all my movies are mp4....
  9. Folder names changed after folder move

Folder names changed after folder move: I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file folder is there. I...
  10. Missing user folder after moved it to c:\

Missing user folder after moved it to c:\: Missing user folder after moved it to c:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-user-folder-after-moved-it-to-c/58d83d57-5a6b-4c13-acf7-46f7e010382b"