Windows 10: Folder names changed after folder move

Discus and support Folder names changed after folder move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickJohnson8, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Folder names changed after folder move

I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file folder is there. I tried undoing, and it didn't bring back my folder names. Any suggestions? I have moved folders many times in the past, and this has never happened.

:)

RickJohnson8, Mar 16, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder names changed after folder move :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder names changed after folder move :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Folder names changed after folder move

Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Folder names changed after folder move

1. Folder names changed after folder move - Similar Threads - Folder names changed

2. Name change while moving NTFS folder names to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Name change while moving NTFS folder names to another drive: When I do a CUT/PASTE of folders to another drive sometimes the folder name in the target changes. I use the NTFS filesystem of windows 10 latest version. What can this be ?...
  3. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  4. Changing User folder name ??

Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  5. can't change the name of a folder any folder

can't change the name of a folder any folder: hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate what can I do? windows 10, 100 +GB...
  6. Folder names are missing after moving the folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder names are missing after moving the folder: I work with photos and pictures on my Windows 10 laptop. Recently I created a folder and moved other photo folders there. But I found that these folders are missing folder names, just their names are still there. Before moving all of them had folder names. When I got then...
  7. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  8. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...