Windows 10: Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.

Discus and support Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vasilisnikolo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.

Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until know appears in greek.Why it happens.Can i change it?

***Changed Original Title From: folders name-language***

***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/Desktop***

:)

vasilisnikolo, Jun 13, 2019

2. Display language is showing Polish instead of Greek on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “I did manage to change the display language to Greek”, did you download the language pack?
    • Did you check if the keyboard and speech language is set to Greek on your PC?
    • Have you set Greek language as default on the PC?

The above issue may occur if the language pack is not downloaded and set as default on the computer. The above issue might also occur due to improper language pack download on the PC.

If you haven’t downloaded Greek language pack, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • From the window select Time & Language and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel.
    • Click on Add a language and then click on Greek from the window.
    • Check if you see Language pack available status under the recently selected language.
    • If yes, click on Options and Download under
      Language options.
    • Wait for the language pack to download and go back to Region & language window.
    • Click on the downloaded language pack and click on Set as default.
    • Close the window, logout and login for the changes to be effective and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Display language is showing Polish instead of Greek on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thanks for quick update on the above issue.

Since the issue persists in a newly created user account as well, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the language pack on the computer?

Uninstalling a language pack will remove every files related to the language from the system. Re-installing the language will create a new file of the language which may help in resolving the above issue.

If you haven’t downloaded Greek language pack, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• From the window select Time & Language and select
      Region & language from the left side panel.

• Click on Greek language added and select
      Remove. Enter administrator password if prompted.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Download the language pack from the Settings page by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select Time & Language from the options shown in the window.

• Click on Region & Language from the left side panel, click on
      + under Add a Language and select Greek from the window.

• Click on Greek and click on
      Options
      . Now download the Language Pack, Speech and
      Keyboard language from the window.

• After the download is complete, go to the
      Region & language
      window, click on Greek and select
      Set as Default
      option.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 13, 2019
  4. SheWolfGR Win User

Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.

Display language is showing Polish instead of Greek on Windows 10.

1) I chose the language pack from the list (Greek) and then I set it as default

2) Yes it is

3) Yes I have

Everything is in Greek now except from some menus that are still in Polish, I mentioned the examples in my first post.

On the instructions you mentioned in step 4 and below there is no status for the selected or any other language. I think all the language packs are already downloaded. I think this may be a Windows 10 bug or something.

Thank you for replying

SheWolfGR, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.

1. Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language. - Similar Threads - Folder Names Drive

2. Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...: * Note: Also when i click the "Home" Tab that explorer window just crashes. And so, yeah. . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-half-greek-and-half-english-us-after/fbe324e9-6538-4681-9555-326c139f5380
  3. Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...: * Note: Also when i click the "Home" Tab that explorer window just crashes. And so, yeah. . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-half-greek-and-half-english-us-after/fbe324e9-6538-4681-9555-326c139f5380
  4. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  5. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  6. Windows 10 english version instead of single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 english version instead of single language: Hi there! I've recently bought a lenovo yoga c940 with windows 10 home edition / single language and I haven't found a suitable option to change it. Unfortunately the single language display language is in spanish from Spain, including Cortana and I would like to have a...
  7. folders name-language

in Windows 10 Customization
    folders name-language: Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until know appears in greek.Why it happens.Can i change it?...
  8. English not showing up as install language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    English not showing up as install language: I downloaded the ISO using the Media Creation tool of Windows 10, booted my system with it but at the Language and Country selection screen (the very first one) I can see only one country "Cestina (Ceska Republika)" . Similarly in language drop-down, English is not listed,...
  9. Meshed up Greek language characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Meshed up Greek language characters: I' ve installed-upgraded a PC into Windows 10 Creators Update 15063.138. The problem is that when I use an installed program and try to use the Greek keyboard on its options or input fields, the characters are something like "|||||||..." and when I switch to native OS...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...