Windows 10: Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

Discus and support Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, My pc has been plagued with this issue for quite a while now. I have two drives. One is an NVMe Toshiba which I use for the OS and software.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by verysame, Feb 16, 2020.

1. verysame Win User

Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

Hi there,

My pc has been plagued with this issue for quite a while now.
    I have two drives. One is an NVMe Toshiba which I use for the OS and software.

Then I had a Seagate SATA 2tb. After some time entire folders started to disappear. Luckily, most of the time a simple chkdsk /f d: would recover the files. It was getting frustrating and I did several tests: ram, bios, and S.M.A.R.T.
    From the S.M.A.R.T. it turned out there were many bad sectors. I bought a new drive, another Seagate which I tested on another computer first and there were bad sectors right away, therefore I sent it back. It happened with a third drive, another Seagate. After losing trust in Seagate I went with Toshiba and so far I didn't find any bad sectors.

On top of that, before installing the new Toshiba I've also re-installed the OS and all the software from scratch.
    Everything worked fine for about three months but now I'm getting the same issue again!!!
    I checked the hard drive and everything looks fine.

Can this be a Windows issue?
    Is anyone aware of similar cases?
    It's really driving me crazy. I use my PC for work and it's now very stressful. I do backups every day but the feeling now is that I can never be sure about my data.
    I really, really hope that someone here has some info to share regarding this crazy situation.

Thanks

:)

verysame, Feb 16, 2020
  2. DiegoTrd Win User

Windows 10 - Folder on SSD "The File Or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable"

Hello,
    It says :"The File Or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable", when trying to open a recently created folder on the second SSD drive (D), after moving many files from SSD drive(C) to that newly folder, I was never able to access that
    folder, first time I tried it said that error message.
    On properties, general tab, it says Size: 0 bytes and Size on disk: 0 bytes
    What possible steps could one take to recover the files? (Already tried running chkdsk /f d: on CMD)
    What could have caused this? Thanks

DiegoTrd, Feb 16, 2020
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

Unable to access my one drive: "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

I am unable to access my one drive and it's giving me an error message " The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: File Corrupted

AnandAgrawal1, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

1. Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts! - Similar Threads - Folder accessible corrupted

2. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  3. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  4. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  6. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  7. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Folder/file sort is driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder/file sort is driving me nuts: Now, I know my little issue is not too big of a deal but it's driving me batty because I'm a stickler for file and folder maintenance. Here's what I want but cannot accomplish. I want file explorer systemwide to sort with FOLDERS FIRST followed by files, all alphabetically. I...
  9. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  10. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...