Windows 10: FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

Discus and support FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L SPERINE, Apr 19, 2024.

1. L SPERINE Win User

FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this folders options, I have also checked allow files to be indexed. Why is search not returning this folder? Thank you.

:)

L SPERINE, Apr 19, 2024
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Apr 19, 2024
  4. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

1. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR - Similar Threads - FOLDER FOUND USING

2. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR: I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this...
  3. Why found folder found in user folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why found folder found in user folder?: when i restart windows i found some found folderslike found.000found.001found.002, etci didnt get files meaningbut when i trying to delete it asks for system permission?folder location C:/User/dumy...
  4. Why found folder found in user folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why found folder found in user folder?: when i restart windows i found some found folderslike found.000found.001found.002, etci didnt get files meaningbut when i trying to delete it asks for system permission?folder location C:/User/dumy...
  5. "New Folder" option missing if attempting to create in 'found' folder of Search Result

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "New Folder" option missing if attempting to create in 'found' folder of Search Result: Hello everyone!Someone at work is having this issue, and I'm hoping there is a known solution to this...Suppose that I have an Explorer window open to "My Documents". I then use the Explorer Search bar to the right of the folder's address bar to do a search for 'taxes'....
  6. "New Folder" option missing if attempting to create in 'found' folder of Search Result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Folder" option missing if attempting to create in 'found' folder of Search Result: Hello everyone!Someone at work is having this issue, and I'm hoping there is a known solution to this...Suppose that I have an Explorer window open to "My Documents". I then use the Explorer Search bar to the right of the folder's address bar to do a search for 'taxes'....
  7. "New Folder" option missing if attempting to create in 'found' folder of Search Result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to use taskbar search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use taskbar search: I have the task bar set to display vertically on the right side of the screen. Until this morning, when I clicked the search icon just below the Windows Start icon, I could type into the search at the bottom left. For example, I could type "control panel" and it would show a...
  9. TASKBAR // SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TASKBAR // SEARCH: Is there a way to hide “top apps” in the search taskbar. submitted by /u/4__skins [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgdl7s/taskbar_search/
  10. Search folder using a date range

in Windows 10 Support
    Search folder using a date range: This was DEAD EASY in windows 7. You had a drop down calendar. This simple process seems to be removed in windows 10. 129603