Windows 10: Folder not opening properly

Discus and support Folder not opening properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oli890, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Oli890 Win User

Folder not opening properly

Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears. Furthermore, trying to save a picture taken by snip and sketch seems to freeze the app

:)

Oli890, Jun 1, 2022
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 1, 2022
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jun 1, 2022
  4. Folder not opening properly

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Folder not opening properly

1. Folder not opening properly - Similar Threads - Folder opening properly

2. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  3. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  4. Folder not opening properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not opening properly: Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears. Furthermore, trying to save a picture taken by snip and sketch seems to freeze the app...
  5. Folder not opening properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder not opening properly: Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears. Furthermore, trying to save a picture taken by snip and sketch seems to freeze the app...
  6. will not open properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will not open properly: When I turn on my computer, it goes into preparing to diagnose and then I get a message that the computer could not open properly. I then hace two options, continue or advance check. I have gone through the whole troubleshooting issues and I end up at the same place. I can...
  7. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders opening and closing on desktop properly: I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it swings to the opposite side of the screen. All this going on makes for a very confusing and difficult to keep up with desktop. I...
  8. System folders not working properly

System folders not working properly: I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access tab - the download, pictures and documents. I can't remove these three folders nor can I click on them and access the folder...
  9. Folder Icons not displaying properly

Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  10. Not opening properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not opening properly: my windows 10 laptop is not opening anything unless the pre open screen if anyone could help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-opening-properly/25f0f4c5-dfec-451e-b1f4-c294d693e49c