Windows 10: Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

Discus and support Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lectrician1, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it.

Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD C:/Users/Seth my username folder to a hard drive.

I then wanted to move the Music folder back to the myuser folder and messed up when naming the folder I was moving it to.

Now the Music folder has "become" the Seth folder in my SSD.

After this happened, I restored the default location of it which I should have done in the first place and it reset it to the C:/Users/Seth folder, but because the Seth folder is now named Music and the name can't be changed, Windows seems to think they are the same things.

Here is the current folder structure of my SSD:

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name 1081070f-723b-456b-a011-5c560cbf92ef?upload=true.png

When I open the Properties > General window of Music, you can see how the folder does not want to change its name and it is read only:

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name 360b55ef-9293-440a-9eb1-eec948d9e781?upload=true.png

When I open the properties > Security window of Music, you can see how the Folder thinks it's the Seth Folder. If scroll down, it also has inherited the permissions of the Seth folder:

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name faaab812-b284-4dcd-aeb3-499a4e687f4b?upload=true.png

All I want to do is return the folder back to the C:\Users\Seth folder and have it show that way in File Explorer. Currently the way the file system is structured is not impacting the usage of my system in any way, it's just really annoying to have my Windows User folder called and look like the "Music" folder.

:)

lectrician1, Dec 20, 2019

2. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Windows10 1809ver.

How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view?

on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name,
    the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1

I am not asking for "detail" View

Picture 1 (The effect I want to achieve)

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name [​IMG]

Picture 2 (My current situation) (file names cut off,in the ninth group of 1234567890)

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

i find way...

disable-auto-arrange

and working!!

RomeO151028, Dec 20, 2019
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

1. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name - Similar Threads - Folder Object Name

2. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  3. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  4. Physical device object name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Physical device object name: when looking at properties for a device, under details there is the heading of physical device object name, i have a device that i do not know what it is by its displayed name. most of the details are just generic like microsoft or the name i do not have an item with that...
  5. Display name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display name: How can I change my display name on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/506dc517-faff-4438-b9b6-f7852b4e55a3
  6. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD (C:/Users/Seth (my username) folder) to a hard...
  7. Display Name

Display Name: How do I change the display name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/54b7f30f-9809-4396-b934-19220ffb9642
  8. Display Name

Display Name: My sister gave her computer but when the sign in comes up it's her name and I would like to change it to say my name. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/2a743807-0ed8-45cb-85ad-e8b941c96583
  9. Folder/file name display mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder/file name display mode: Hi, With anniversary update microsoft showed another fine art of its genius developers by changing the folders name display from center aligned to left aligned was a bad change, from initial windows 95, it was center aligned, i hoped to fix it by installing all 4 updates...
  10. How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?: Hi*Smile I have exactly the same problem solved here http://superuser.com/questions/66431...e-in-windows-7 but Win 10 isn't Win 7 and the regedit trick Iconspacing don't work for me, the space is enlarged but the folder names will get cut off in the middle of the word...