Windows 10: Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

Discus and support Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the system font size to make the text appear Bold and larger in size. Since none of the tricks suggested on this forum for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EruditeLuddite, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

I would like to change the system font size to make the text appear Bold and larger in size. Since none of the tricks suggested on this forum for a similar question seem to work with my system, I am posting this question again with my OS Details:

Edition Windows10 Home Single Language

Version 20H2

Installed on 30-20-2020

OS Build 19042.685

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

:)

EruditeLuddite, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Kostov Win User

Bold font option in Windows 10?

The answer is incorrect. It does not answer the question. The author did not asked how to change font family, but how to make it bold. Which are completely different things. As far as I now it is not possible to make text bold. This is one of the biggest
    disadvantages of Windows 10 against Windows 8, where it is possible to set both, Font family and boldness of the font. Increasing the size is not the same as increasing boldness. Because people who suffer with astigmatism needs to use bold font - e.g. to make
    the font look wider. The difference is that if you make font larger its height is bigger. Whilst if you make it bold, you make it wider. The size changes, x,y dimensions, whilst boldness changes the width only. I would be like if MS realize that there is a
    need to make the text bold for people with eyes diseases.

Kostov, Dec 25, 2020
  3. david-ke Win User
    Increase DPI and font size

Hi,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I'm visually impaired and need to increase the DPI (to 150%) and increase the text sizes to 12pt as well as making the text bold (under
    Change only the text size). However, the font settings are not persistent. When I reboot the computer, the DPI setting stays in place, while the text size and boldness is back to the default (9 and non-bold). This is very annoying and I might have
    to switch back to Windows 7 if this issue can't be solved, as the computer is unusable for me without bold fonts and increased DPI.

Maybe there is a way of making these changes persistent?

Thanks for your help,

David

david-ke, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

folders font size

How do i increase the fonts size of my folders lists? The icon sizes are normal but the letters fonts are super tiny.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

MARIACHINN, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

1. Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size - Similar Threads - Folder Options Bold

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  6. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  7. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  8. how to increase font size

how to increase font size: How does one increase the font size as a default across applications. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/44899ef9-731a-4b0e-aafa-484b54aa3e88
  9. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  10. Increase font size in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Increase font size in Edge?: Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the size if it's possible. A registry entry? Anything? TIA 53632