Windows 10: Folder options no longer working

Discus and support Folder options no longer working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I can no longer see hidden files or folders since latest update. I know how to turn on and off those options and it is no longer working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grendor, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Grendor Win User

Folder options no longer working

Hello,

I can no longer see hidden files or folders since latest update.

I know how to turn on and off those options and it is no longer working.

SFC /scannow finds no issue.

DISM various options also find noting wrong.

I even checked the registry without changing anything using the following post to check

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/show-hidden-files-button-is-not-working-on-windows/f6324bd2-7cb6-4628-b293-044b74eb675e?auth=1

Problem is still can not turn on show hidden files and folders.

How do I fix?

Thanks in advance

Fred

:)

Grendor, Apr 22, 2021

2. Taskbar options no longer work.

Half an hour ago I discovered another problem. A frequently used graphics program doesn't work now. Clicking its icon brings up a window "Browse for folder" in which the folders on the C drive are listed. In the folder which holds the program I don't see another folder labelled "Program" in which I would expect to see the .exe file.

I used the repair option from its installation disc but that hasn't changed a thing. This suggests to me the inevitability of a Windows reset.

Nothing to lose, so I think I will do that.

Syncopator, Apr 22, 2021
  3. IzWebUsr Win User
    OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Apr 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

File folder search function no longer works

I suggest you remove your cloud drive from the equation until it's clear indexing is working on your internal drive. Were you trying to use Windows search indexing to find things only in cloud storage? Items indexed should be as per your Indexing Options. I've certainly never tried using it to index something in cloud storage. Unless that appears as a drive letter you wont be able to specify it in Indexed locations.

Note this discussion about indexing Onedrive as an example:
    OneDrive indexing for WIndows Search – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-88984b798fce

But here Dropbox is reported as being indexed:
    OneDrive Personal does not show up in Indexing Options after moving to C:/OneDrive in Windows 10 - Super User

Does that mean searching indexed locations on your internal drive works?

Otherwise:
    Please check search indexing is working as per post #4.
    Then try open explorer at an indexed folder and try searching for a file on your disk.

dalchina, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Folder options no longer working - Similar Threads - Folder options longer

2. Listen to this Device option no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Listen to this Device option no longer working.: I've been using the "Listen to this Device" function to join audio between devices for a few years now, never had any problems with it, but since last Friday, September 15 2023, this option no longer works, with any microphone in fact.I have tried changing the output device,...
  3. Listen to this Device option no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Listen to this Device option no longer working.: I've been using the "Listen to this Device" function to join audio between devices for a few years now, never had any problems with it, but since last Friday, September 15 2023, this option no longer works, with any microphone in fact.I have tried changing the output device,...
  4. Search Options is not working in the Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  5. Search Options is not working in the Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  6. Search Options is not working in the Folders

7. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  8. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  9. New folder option not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New folder option not working: Tried various online solutions and turning off MacAfee antivirus to allow me to create a new folder in This Pc location, there are 7 folders already created is there a limit? I have another pc, desktop, its the same. Both computers are upto date....
  10. Taskbar options no longer work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar options no longer work.: Right clicking on the taskbar clock doesn't open the calendar, it opens the same window which appears when right clicking in a vacant area of the taskbar. Right clicking on the action centre icon and then on Open Action Centre doesn't do anything except close that window....