Windows 10: Folder options

Discus and support Folder options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you change the folder options in Windows 10, so that files in 'music' come up with file size and date, as normal files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikewarren1, Apr 15, 2019 at 5:02 PM.

1. Folder options

How do you change the folder options in Windows 10, so that files in 'music' come up with file size and date, as normal files?

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

4. Folder options

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 15, 2019 at 5:03 PM
Thema:

Folder options

1. Folder options - Similar Threads - Folder options

2. "Move to folder" option of Mail App doesn't sync in Gmail website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Move to folder" option of Mail App doesn't sync in Gmail website: I'm using the Mail App and I have Gmail and outlook emails in it. In the Gmail website i have created Labels/folders and they have successfully loaded in the Mail App. The problem is when using the Mail App. When I move an email to any label/folder it doesn't sync into the...
  3. Has hotmail removed the Block option from the Junk mail folder?

in Browsers and Email
    Has hotmail removed the Block option from the Junk mail folder?: The junk mail folder had an option to block the selected junk mails before. This option no longer exists. Has the Hotmail removed the block option from the Junk folder or it has been moved somewhere? Can user select all junk mails in the Junk Folder to block them instead of...
  4. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  5. Right lick desktop - Cannot select New Folder option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right lick desktop - Cannot select New Folder option: When I right click the desktop, the window opens nicely. All of the options within the window are selectable EXCEPT "New". When I click on "NEW", the computer freezes for about 20 seconds and then closes all windows that are open on the desktop. I haven't been able to find...
  6. Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.

Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.: Suddenly, when I do "save as", there is no list of folders to choose from to save to> What happened? How do I fix this? ***Edited Original Title From: "save as" in Word***...
  7. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  8. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  9. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option): Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I...
  10. Windows 10 folder view option problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view option problem: Hello there, i recently tried opened "changefolder and search options", there in the view tab, i found OFF and ON written at the end of each check box item. For e.g. "Always show menus-OFF". Did this happen bcoz of a virus or bad registry entry. Kindly help. 123224