Windows 10: Folder or image Thumbnails

Discus and support Folder or image Thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cor Designer, May 9, 2020.

1. Folder or image Thumbnails

Hi there,

I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail.
    Examples:
    Cntrol+shift+2
    I press again and again.

So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders.

Thanks All
    COR Designer

:)

Cor Designer, May 9, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 9, 2020
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, May 9, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Folder or image Thumbnails

Image thumbnails in folders stopped working after fall creators update

Hi Tim,

When pictures are showing instead of icons, this means that you are viewing them in Thumbnail view. To change that, follow the steps below:

• Type File Explorer Options in the Cortana search bar and press
      Enter.
    • On the new window that will open, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, ensure that Always show icons, never thumbnails is unchecked.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Folder or image Thumbnails 78909c23-a47f-419f-a40a-1b5cad203264.png

After that, check your folder. Please note that this will apply to all files and folders on the computer.

Let us know how did it go or if you need further help.

Erika Aro, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Folder or image Thumbnails

1. Folder or image Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Folder image Thumbnails

2. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  3. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  4. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  6. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  7. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  8. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  9. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  10. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021