Windows 10: Folder oversize compared to contents issues

Discus and support Folder oversize compared to contents issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so I have a problem where my folder size when inspected is much bigger than the contents contained within... Below, there are screenshots to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zane_G, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Zane_G Win User

Folder oversize compared to contents issues

Hi, so I have a problem where my folder size when inspected is much bigger than the contents contained within... Below, there are screenshots to illustrate the issueAs you can see, something is taking up over 27GB of space that I could be using.It may be a folder storage space allocation problem?Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

:)

Zane_G, Jul 1, 2021

2. How can I compare the content of folders?

It depends what you wish to compare:

• File dates
    • File sizes
    • File lists
    • File contents
    Regardless of what it is, you would need a script solution.

Frederik Long, Jul 1, 2021
  3. How can I compare the content of folders?

How can I compare the content of folders?

Bob DiAntonio, Jul 1, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Directory / Folder compare program

Hi there

Has anybody got a link to either a Windows or Linux Directory / Folder compare program ?

I just want a SIMPLE program that simply lists Files in A that don't exist in B and Files in B that don't exist in A. No Syncing etc etc required.

I don't want contents of files compared or any of the other stuff these sorts of programs seem to have -- just a Bog standard NAME comparison -- don't care about dates / file sizes etc etc --just a simple list of Files in A that aren't in B and files in B that aren't in A. Just a NAME compare -- nothing else.

Should be simple but all the one's I've looked for want to compare File contents too --if say you are running through a whole list of music mp3's or DVD iso's this will take a long time !!!! as a file contents compare would then have to read sector by sector !!!!.

A CLI would do if there isn't a GUI around.

Edit -- Found the answer --really neat one is kdiff3 in Linux (you need the KDE desktop though) - extremely quick amd flexible -- was already installed on my sytem/

Folder oversize compared to contents issues [​IMG]

I think there used to be a built in windows program windiff but I think that's gone now,

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Folder oversize compared to contents issues - Similar Threads - Folder oversize compared

2. Comparing File Content Of 2 Folders on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comparing File Content Of 2 Folders on Windows 10: Hi I've got 2 folders of family photos, 1 on my pc drive and the backup on an external drive. There's a difference of 11 between the 2 folders and I want to know which is correct, i.e. i don't want to assume the lower number is correct and lose 11 family pics! Trouble...
  3. Windows comparability issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows comparability issues: So built a new pc, had to buy a new version of Windows since my old one didn’t transfer. I’m getting this error connecting to parties is Xbox game bar. Figured it could be the LAN drivers etc. when I go to install the drivers for each version I get the this is not compatible...
  4. compare two folders

compare two folders: How to compair two folders in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compare-two-folders/b7f107f0-6ffd-4251-8a8b-ff6544839c11
  5. oversized windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oversized windows apps: why does windows apps take so much data to be downloaded: like for example Frequency generator app, one app doing one purpose, which is playing specific frequencies, why does it take 85 mb to be downloaded, a same app on my android phone just takes 8 mb...
  6. Compare Folders

Compare Folders: In windows 10 … Is there a way to compare two folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compare-folders/fb1363e9-788f-442a-873f-3b073c054206
  7. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  8. Oversize printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oversize printing: Can pages be tiled in Filemaker to print as a larger format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/oversize-printing/c5cb478f-f9e1-4621-9e2d-6e3d4d177703
  9. Directory / Folder compare program

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory / Folder compare program: Hi there Has anybody got a link to either a Windows or Linux Directory / Folder compare program ? I just want a SIMPLE program that simply lists Files in A that don't exist in B and Files in B that don't exist in A. No Syncing etc etc required. I don't want contents...
  10. Oversized Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Oversized Windows: Surface Book 3000x2000 resolution @ 200% scaling U2715H external Dell monitor 2560x1440 resolution @ 100% scaling As an example, I'll use PowerPoint 2016. On the clipboard monitor, it displays fine, regardless of what I set scaling at. On the monitor, everything looks...