Windows 10: Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Discus and support Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders. The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hutchy62, May 28, 2019.

1. Hutchy62 Win User

Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders.

The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over.

Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is displayed all the time?

:)

Hutchy62, May 28, 2019
  2. ¡Firedog Win User

Folder panel permanently collapsed

My screenshot is taken this morning from an instance of Windows Live Mail 2102 on the latest release of Windows 10. The
    View tab is only available in the Mail and News windows, not Calendar, Contacts or Feeds. Can you please post a screenshot of your message list showing the collapsed folder pane? How
    to include a screenshot in your post

¡Firedog, May 28, 2019
  3. SteveF777 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail expanding folder pane

Just found out live mail 2012 will no longer be supported as of June 30, 2016. When setting up mail app, the folder pane is minimized to just show icons and not a list of folders. you have to click the ... button to have them overwrite the inbox section.
    If you don't maximize the window, the folder pane has the detail in its own pane with the inbox complete to the write. How to I get the view from the non-maximized view to look the same when maximized? Thanks.

SteveF777, May 28, 2019
  4. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane automatically expands/collapses folder tree

I have recently come to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and Classic Shell). I am not an IT professional, nor enthusiast, but I know my way around a PC.

When I click on a folder in the file explorer navigation pane tree, it automatically expands the folder in the tree. It also automatically collapses the previous folder I had selected. This drives me nuts, as I am used to deciding for myself when to expand
    and collapse the tree.

How do I make it:

- just show the folder contents in the right pane when I select a folder in the tree

- only expand the folder when I tell it to

- leave expanded folders expanded when I select a different folder in the tree

(in other words, behave like Windows Explorer)?

PS - I will start throwing things at anyone who mentions the "Expand to current folder" setting, as this is not the answer.

skeletonbob, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

1. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Folder Pane collapsing

2. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  3. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  4. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  5. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  6. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  7. How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default?: Unlike Dropbox, for example, my OneDrive folder is always open in the navigation pane in Win 10, showing all its sub-folders. How do I keep it collapsed when I open explorer? The options in View>Navigation Pane don't work. Or if I select "Collapse" on right click, it won't...
  8. Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing

Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing: How to prevent the collapsing of the left pane listing all the accounts in Windows Mail. It's about Windows 10 Mail, not about Outlook. This question has already be posted last year and the answers were all about Outlook....
  9. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable: How do I reset the left side column marked "folder's" which seems to be covered over and I can not read my folder titles? My inbox is ok and my emails I can read but not the folders? 88777
  10. in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders

in Windows 10 Support
    in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders: it is really annoying to have to scroll way up in navigation pane to top (quick access items). I wish we could set some or all the items that are expanded to be collapsed when opening an explorer window. 26298

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I keep the email folder open in the navigation pane

2. stop collapsing folders in ms mail

3. how do i get my folder pane to stay in the mail app for windows

4. change windows 10 mail display panes,
  5. keeping folder pane open in microsoft mail,
  6. microsoft mail folders pane,
  7. how to make mail folder pain in windows 10 stay open,
  8. open poane in email,
  9. how can i collapse parts of my email reading pane,
  10. windows 10 mail view folder pane,
  11. windows mail how to keep folders open,